Does anyone wind their thread?

I guess I am just being curious, I do ALOT of thread crochet,and was wondering, does anyone actually rewind the thread into balls these days? Me,I don't..too lazy I suppose, and I am always in such a hury to begin a project I don't want to take the time..:eek:think :think :think :think so do you ball your thread?

Blessings

JoAnn

I don't wind my thread. I usually have such a problem with carpal tunnel that I don't need the extra repetitive motion of winding the ball. It works for me.

As for my carpal tunnel, I have a great chiropractor who gets me straighten out when it gets too bad. He keeps telling me to take up another "hobby", because he can't seem to grasp that crocheting is how I unwind. :think

:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer Yea! SoI am NOT the only one that doesn't...I was browsing posts and saw that some folks did, and I thought to myself, wow, that would take up too much ofmy crocheting time, lol, not that this site doesn't hehehe

Blessings

JoAnn

Normally no, however.......... I recently did a 'painted doily' with sewing thread where I had to put together 3 strands at a time and I had to then. It wasn't terribly time consuming but it was an extra step.

I only do it with the thread intended for snowflakes because I carry a strand of irridescent lurex with it for sparkle. The thread I use for doilies and other projects don't get wound.

Julie-What is irridescent lurex? I think I may use something similar when doing cross-stitch which requires a bit of "glitz". I believe it is made by Kreinik. A kind of fine filament with either an opulent or silvery/shiny appearance?

Well, no I don't... but, Yes, I do. Now I do because I bought a 4,000 yard cone of #10 (okay, maybe it's 2,400 yards, I dunno) but I need to hold four strands together for the pattern I"m gonna do which is gonna be a little difficult if I don't wind it into balls.... luckily, my handy dandy ball winder that I got from eBay for $24.99 plus S&H arrived today... I'll have to get back to y'all on my progress...:think looks complicated

I don't wind it into balls, and then I get so cross as while I am crocheting big rounds of thread come off the ball and often gets knotted or tangled up on something. So I sit there and unknot it. Sounds like more work huh? I never realised that. Oh well, I find the unknotting quite relaxing and a nice rest for my hands. Mad I know..

• 2 weeks later...

If it is yarn I do, I do have the carpal tunnel S. too. but, when I wind the yarn, I know it won't get tangled. I don't however wind the thred for bespreads and dolies. I have never had that to tangle. ( I don't think) PINKROSES

Archived