Beautiful Sweater!!

Julie if you use ww weight would you change the size of your hook?:think

I dont know, I will have to see if the gauge is right, but I am using a 6mm hook for it.

By the way, can someone help with row 3. I am stumped on that one and dont understand it very well.

I dont know, I will have to see if the gauge is right, but I am using a 10mm hook for it.

By the way, can someone help with row 3. I am stumped on that one and dont understand it very well.

Hi Julie - I was looking to maybe do this sweater too - What part of row 3 has you stumped? If it's Row 3 of Motif A than I'm assuming you're stuck where it says " 'beg corner' in same ch-4 sp". You have to look up to either row 2 or above to stitch explanation for the definition of 'beg corner'.

Does that help?

Loving the sweater & might be joining CAL - quick question: How many grammes of yarn does the pattern require?

I know it says 2 skeins but that means nothing to me & I need to know if I can afford to buy yarn.

Hope someone can help

Many thanks

I printed out that pattern last week, and am gonna see about giving it a go! It's so pretty, and I'm happy that it comes in larger sizes. I have some SS Sage that I've been wanting to do something nice with, and I'm thinking it'll be perfect for this project (even though it's not quite a chunky yarn, but then again, here in Central Texas, the winters aren't that cold...).

Loving the sweater & might be joining CAL - quick question: How many grammes of yarn does the pattern require?

I know it says 2 skeins but that means nothing to me & I need to know if I can afford to buy yarn.

Hope someone can help

Many thanks

Hi the LB site says that Romance yarn is 85% Acrylic, 15% mohair and ia classified on as super bulky weight (#6).

Each skein is 8 oz/224 g (480 yd/440 m). It's knitting gauge is 11 sts, 14 rows = 4 in. (10 cm) on size 11 (8mm) needles.

Hope this helps!

I have some mohair/acylic blend that is DK weight.... I'm thinking about using 2 strand of it... hmmm must go swatch!

Hi Julie - I was looking to maybe do this sweater too - What part of row 3 has you stumped? If it's Row 3 of Motif A than I'm assuming you're stuck where it says " 'beg corner' in same ch-4 sp". You have to look up to either row 2 or above to stitch explanation for the definition of 'beg corner'.

Does that help?

That is it! I dont know how to start a do a beg corner on motif A? Could someone post a picture of the corner?

That is it! I dont know how to start a do a beg corner on motif A? Could someone post a picture of the corner?

OK Julie - first I did post a picture on mly blog of my motif.

http://flyinghooks.blogspot.com/2006/09/floral-fantasy-pullover.html

Next the "corner" in this motif is "dc3tog, ch4, dc3tog". But for the beginning corner it is a little different on both row 2 and 3. You have just slip stitched to the top of the chain 9 loop (row 2 ) or into the ch-4 space (row 3) and then you chain 3. The ch 3 will count as the first piece of the cluster, so you need to do a dc2tog instead of a dc3tog. So after you chain 3, the "beg corner" is "dc2tog, ch4, dc3tog"

Hope this helps.

OK Julie - first I did post a picture on mly blog of my motif.

http://flyinghooks.blogspot.com/2006/09/floral-fantasy-pullover.html

Next the "corner" in this motif is "dc3tog, ch4, dc3tog". But for the beginning corner it is a little different on both row 2 and 3. You have just slip stitched to the top of the chain 9 loop (row 2 ) or into the ch-4 space (row 3) and then you chain 3. The ch 3 will count as the first piece of the cluster, so you need to do a dc2tog instead of a dc3tog. So after you chain 3, the "beg corner" is "dc2tog, ch4, dc3tog"

Hope this helps.

Thanks Ginny, that makes it easier for me to see. Now I get it. Thank you Thank you for the pictures.:manyheart

has anyone tried this sweater yet? I'm trying it right now, and i'm just not sure how to join the "granny squares" it says to sew them together, but i'm just not sure if you sew around the chain 4 space, or catch one of the chains. does this make any sense? if anyone has tried this, then it will likely make sense to you

has anyone tried this sweater yet? I'm trying it right now, and i'm just not sure how to join the "granny squares" it says to sew them together, but i'm just not sure if you sew around the chain 4 space, or catch one of the chains. does this make any sense? if anyone has tried this, then it will likely make sense to you

I answered your questions over at the CAL thread for this sweater.

Please come on over and join in the fun! :cheer:clap:cheer

Archived