Sign in to follow this  
kmarcene

Beautiful Sweater!!

Oooh, I saw that pattern and I love it....keep us posted on how it goes!

I just ordered the yarn. I get so excited over yarn, I can't wait until it gets here!!!

That is so pretty! What pattern is that? Best of luck on your project :)

Ooooh, I printed that pattern off about a week ago and plan on making it soon too. Are you going to use the recommended yarn or something different? Keep us updated on your progress.

Wow! I love that pattern and I love the collar on it. What is that pattern called and where do you find it?

I love the pattern .. I printed it out as well .. and have it in my TO DO pile .. the pattern can be found on the Lion Brand website!

The pattern is free at http://www.lionbrand.com. I am going to use their yarn in the blue color. I want to make it exactly how they recommend the first time. Maybe if it works out I can branch out and use different yarn next time. I hope there is a next time.

Thank you for pointing out the pattern. I had to get a copy so I could try this! It's beautiful!

Nice design, it looks like a fast one too, good choice :hook

now off to gather the pattern !

:yarnI'm going hunting for that pattern too. I too have been wanting to make my own sweater but just haven't found one that was just right. But the one you came across looks manageable and would also like to try it out. :yarn Thank you for sharing:yarn

Oh man what have I just said. lol. I just looked at the pattern....ummm to me it looks kinda challenging, since I haven't worked with motifs in a long time. I consider myself an experienced crocheter, but god there's a limit, lol. BUT I'm still going to give it a try. I have the pattern all printed, now I have to see if I have yarn to use. Right now is not a good time to go yarn shopping, but that's ok. I have other kinds I can use.:yarn

I will never live long enough to make all the patterns I want. But anyway!!! I'm adding this one to the LONG list. :) Good luck and don't forget to post a pic.

very pretty sweater and i like that its feminine but not "girlie". can't wait to see your finished piece! :)

May I suggest you make a CAL with this pattern? I bet a lot of people here are willing to join ;D

I thought about that. Maybe I should. Hmmmmm.:think

It is a gorgeous pattern. I have this one started. The actual Motif is fairly simple. I don't like sewing together lacy type squares after the fact, I'd much rather join them on the last round of each square and this particular motif is pretty easy to join that way. The Harmony Guides 300 Crochet Stitches book has a good set of instructions for doing that type of join. It's working out pretty well for me so far.

I have never done that before where you join the motifs as you go, I have never understood the instructions before. Maybe I will go to my yarn shop and have them show me.

I have never done that before where you join the motifs as you go, I have never understood the instructions before. Maybe I will go to my yarn shop and have them show me.

That's probably a good idea. It confused me for the longest time. When I read the instructions for how to join as you go it was like trying to read Latin. I didn't get it. But It clicked when I saw pictures explaining the instruction. I'm a visual learner, I've got to see it. So the yarn shop would probably be a great way to learn how.

After looking over the pattern and completeing the back and part of the front I'm pretty sure the entire garment can be assembled in the join as you go method, which would eliminate having to use the needle to do anything other than sew in your ends( lol and there are PLENTY of those.)

I'm loving how quickly this goes together and how little yarn it's used thus far.

Ive printed out the pattern. I am so excited. I am going to start making it, once I work out what colour I am going to use.