Beautiful Sweater!!

Oh man what have I just said. lol. I just looked at the pattern....ummm to me it looks kinda challenging, since I haven't worked with motifs in a long time. I consider myself an experienced crocheter, but god there's a limit, lol. BUT I'm still going to give it a try. I have the pattern all printed, now I have to see if I have yarn to use. Right now is not a good time to go yarn shopping, but that's ok. I have other kinds I can use.:yarn

It is a gorgeous pattern. I have this one started. The actual Motif is fairly simple. I don't like sewing together lacy type squares after the fact, I'd much rather join them on the last round of each square and this particular motif is pretty easy to join that way. The Harmony Guides 300 Crochet Stitches book has a good set of instructions for doing that type of join. It's working out pretty well for me so far.

I have never done that before where you join the motifs as you go, I have never understood the instructions before. Maybe I will go to my yarn shop and have them show me.

That's probably a good idea. It confused me for the longest time. When I read the instructions for how to join as you go it was like trying to read Latin. I didn't get it. But It clicked when I saw pictures explaining the instruction. I'm a visual learner, I've got to see it. So the yarn shop would probably be a great way to learn how.

After looking over the pattern and completeing the back and part of the front I'm pretty sure the entire garment can be assembled in the join as you go method, which would eliminate having to use the needle to do anything other than sew in your ends( lol and there are PLENTY of those.)

I'm loving how quickly this goes together and how little yarn it's used thus far.

Archived