I Found Something COOL!! But how do you use it?

bottom is a clamp you put onto a table. you use this device with hanks of yarn. push diamond part in, uncoil the hank, put into the v's on the outside, extend the device to hold the yarn taunt but not too tight. you can now wind your hank into a ball. Its like having another person hold the hank. GREAT FIND!!!!!!!!

You can buy them new, starting at around $65, so I wouldn't go higher than that. However if it has history and is a true antique it may be worth more for you to buy.

A hank is just a different packaging for yarn, the yarn is wound in long loops (like a garden hose) and are then tied and twisted into a braid-type shape. These "hanks" always need to be wound before working with them, because it will tangle easily. Alot of handspun and more expensive types of yarn are sold in this form.

:clap Thanks for all the information. Now I can't wait to go to the auction. We will see if I get it. Sometimes Im lucky and there is not to many older ladies who want the crafting stuff. And then there are times that I have to outbid them on the spot. I will post back and let you know if I get it or not. The auction is next saturday.

(Maybe I should sit by it and stare them down):devil Just Kidding

Archived