Blankets and scarfs needed *UPDATE*

tatertot0330

I am student teaching and I am asigned to a district ( hazel park MI) this district is very low income. There is a very nice lady in the school I student teach at that is collecting things to distribute to the community as the winter months are getting near...I am asking anyone who would be willing to donate scarfs or blankets to please message me for my address as these great kids I work with would be very greatful for your help in keeping them warm this winter :hug

thank you

Laura

UPDATE: Thank you everyone who sent scarves and hats :) I delivered the first batch of items I received on Monday and the parents and kids were so grateful and excited... anything else I receive will be delivered before

the kids go on x-mas vacation (mid- December). ...Thanks again to the people who sent items...you are wonderful :)

I understand! I was a teacher until my son was born, and I saw a lot of poverty families. So many of my students (probably 80-90%) received free lunches, and most of the rest were reduced price. You could just tell because some of them came in the same outfit (we had a strict dress code, almost a uniform) everyday, but it had been washed that night. By the end of the year, the clothes were pretty wore out. I think this is a great cause!! I've got a lot on my plate right now, but know that I'm praying for your students. Keep up the good work!! :) I might be able to send something at some time, but I'm not going to promise just in case I can't. You are doing something that will really affect those kids. Great job!!!

Victoria

I didn't forget about you! hubby and I are battling bronchitis, I'm flat on my back and it's pushing my crochet stuff back. I had started a pair of mittens but I had to throw them out after I got sicker because I knew I wouldn't be able to get the germs out of the yarn! Disinfected my hook and all and now I'm waiting till I'm over this to pick up the stick again.

I might miss your end of October deadline :( Or I might have to make fewer items, it all depends how quick I can get better.

I just didn't want you to think that I'd forgotten, I hope more people will participate! I did plug this on both my blog and on the One Small thing website.

hugs

Ro

Laura - I just read a post where you said the scarves were for K-5th grade. I hadn't seen that before. I read your first post and thought you were making scarves for people in the community.

I am saying this because the ones I sent really aren't for little kids and I feel bad. Will you be able to use them?

It is a wonderful thing that you are doing for that community. :manyheart

I spend my fall and winter months working on allo sorts of crochet projects for family, friends and charity. I would really like to help in any way I can, just let me know.:cheer

Laura, I'm sad to say that I'm still sick :( My bronchitis seems to be trying to take back over, and I am really behind on my crocheting.

I'm afraid that I won't be able to make mittens for this project and have any ready by the deadline you requested (end october) I have been struggling with my hands and the pattern is really giving me fits.

The most I will likely be able to manage at this time is a couple of hats and scarves, I'm sorry that I'm not able to do more. My body is just not helping me when it comes to my crochet productivity :(

I hope some more folks will see this and step up to help out, even with just a couple items.

Sorry that I couldn't do more to help, really sorry :( I had hoped to do so much more and then I got so sick and it doesn't want to let go of me!

Ro

• 2 weeks later...

Archived