Anybody in NC?

Guest stormync23

If I can ever afford a vacation, I'm going to come across the state and visit Asheboro. I suppose the coast is wonderful too, but in all the years I've been here I've done the beach once. Just not fond of swimming with sharks, getting sunburned or sand in places it was never meant to be now that I'm older and wiser.

Losingmymind2, I love the beach. I cant swin so I can't get to far out when I go to the beach. Well if you visit Asheboro I have to warn you there is nothing here to see but the Zoo. We have maybe 3 half way good resturants that don't include a buffet. It is a dry city so if you would like a mixed drink or beer or glass of wine your are lost. Most of the people here feel you are going to go to h*** or you are a drunk if you want a mixed drink beer or glass of wine with your meal. You cant buy beer or wine in this city to take home and drink. I am here how ever would be happy to meet someone from crochetville in person, but this is a dull and boring place to visit and to live.

Edited by happytee40

Theresa, that's why when my dad was alive, he always traveled with his 'handy dandy booze kit', a miniature bar setup in what looked like a normal briefcase. When we unloaded the car at the hotel, it was the first thing carried in, then I was usually off to get my parents some ice. Was I really that hard to travel with?

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this thread...

I'm in Hickory, NC - about 1 hr north-west of Charlotte.

I used to work in Shelby, where a few of you posted from.

Wish I knew where all y'all were a few years ago, I went to college out between Fayetteville and Raleigh (Campbell University)

Oh well.

Hey from another Tar Heeler! If y'all wanna get together to crochet, it doesn't have to be in Hickory as long as it's close.

I am at the beach down in Shallotte (Ocean Isle and Sunset Beach). We live in town but to drive to the teach is about five miles. We can go get in the summer time crowd if we want to. This time of year it is grocery shop from Monday through Thursday.

I just saw this thread! I'm in Buncombe County, up near Asheville. I see one person here who I already have met in Real Life, way before I joined C'ville! :)

• 2 months later...

I'm still in Ohio at present, but have lived several places in NC.

Jacksonville and Hubert area a few times, Monroe, Durham, Wake Forest, Knightdale.

I'm hoping to be back in NC within the next few months, just haven't decided where I want to go yet. Being on a very limited income, it has to be CHEAP.

Was thinking about Shelby, or maybe somewhere around Goldsboro or Kinston.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

:snowYou are probably about 1.5-2 hours from me. I live in Pittsboro. My sons live in Jamestown across from Guilford Tech where they go to school.:flake We got about 6 inches of snow today, my boys said they only got 1-2 inches, how about you?

Hi all,

I'm in the Charlotte area. I'm relatively new to the area and pretty much a homebody, partly by choice partly just cause I don't know anyone and partly because I lack transportation! :hook

• 4 weeks later...

I am originally from Newport News Va, but now live here in Edenton in the far Northeast corner of the state, near Virginia. Got here the long way by way of Raleigh and Florida... long story that one. Anybody here also from Edenton or Elizabeth City, Hertford, Bertie, Williamston, or Gates County? Hard to find decent yarn and craft stores nearby so if you know of any please share.:cheer

• 1 month later...

I'm from NC too, lived a lot of places in the state. Right now I live in Goldsboro and commute to school in Greensboro (yes, I know 2 hours away T_T), and I stop in Raleigh a lot because I lived there four years and still have tons of friends there. So I'm all over the place a lot! :]