Anybody in NC?

Guest stormync23

....come on girls lets work for Nobby.. lets make hay while the street light shine....

I love MIke Cross... I have his old LP's and would always go see him at He's Not Here in Chapel Hill...uuuuuhhhh...back in the day.....

We are actually planning on going to Hog Days... we try to go every year...dh is the park chaplain at Kerr Lake and we have tons of campers due in that weekend so depending if everyone behaves themselves we can get away....

Oink Oink!:pig

:clap Alright! One of my friends I taught how to crochet may come to the Crochet and Knit Club at the library.

She just emailed me about Hillsborough Hog Day also. :D I would love to go but I take care of my mother on weekends and I won't be going. I would love to see Mike Cross though...but I'll be away taking care of her.

Hope to see you at the library!!!:jumpyay

Now that gave me a good giggle. I met Mike Cross a long time ago when I worked for Food Lion in Hillsborough and I've had many wonderful conversations with him when I worked for Walmart. I have all of his albums and managed to get all of them to CD. (Even his first 2 that aren't available anymore). It's amazing what you can do with a stereo and a computer these days!

"Come on Girls let's work for Nobby, Nobby's going to be your Valentine!"

P.S. He gives good hugs.

....come on girls lets work for Nobby.. lets make hay while the street light shine....

I love MIke Cross... I have his old LP's and would always go see him at He's Not Here in Chapel Hill...uuuuuhhhh...back in the day.....

We are actually planning on going to Hog Days... we try to go every year...dh is the park chaplain at Kerr Lake and we have tons of campers due in that weekend so depending if everyone behaves themselves we can get away....

Oink Oink!:pig

I'm so excited to see this many people from NC here! I'm a "yankee transplant" (as my DH calls me) and just love it here! Anyone else in the Charlotte area?

I'm so excited to see this many people from NC here! I'm a "yankee transplant" (as my DH calls me) and just love it here! Anyone else in the Charlotte area?

I was also surprised to see so many North Carolinians! It's really awesome that there are so many of us here. I'm in NC around Cornelius, so we're a bit apart.

I think we've just survived our first tropical storm of the season fairly well. The flash flood warning has expired and again parts around Raleigh got hit hard again with 5 inches of rain. (They have all the fun!)

The worst we got here in Orange Co. is a few flooded roads, I'll go out later to see if I still have a driveway. LOL

Still under a flood warning here.... I opened the back door and could hear the creek rushing almost like a river...we are going down when the rain stops to check it out....

( Go Canes!):cheer

Hopefully they will cancel your flood warning soon there Min! Take a few pictures of your creek for me, I'd like to see it. I haven't had this much fun seeing all this rain since Hurricane Fran! And Yes, go Canes!!!!!

If anyone is interested ~ this is at the Orange County Public Library in Hillborough NC. This is usually during the summer only. I haven't been yet. Didn't find out about it until the last week last year and missed it.

Knit and Crochet Club
HH00898_.gif

The library invites you to join a summer stitching club where memb
ers meet to learn and share crocheting and knitting skills from one another. Sign up or show up!

The first and third Tuesday of the month: 6:30 - 7:30pm

Please bring your own materials and supplies.

I'm near Raleigh, and I may be able to make the meeting on the 20th. Is anyone else still planning to attend?

Ginny

Ginny, I am still planning on being there! It will be my third club meeting, I live about 15 minutes from the library. Hopefully it will be a larger gathering and the knitters will be there this time. Hope you can make it!

I'm going to try to make it. And maybe bring a friend.

One of my sister-in-law's mother is not well ~ and she won't be going back home. The doctor is taking it a week at a time. At first we didn't think she was going to make it this week, but she's bounced back a little. If she survives the weekend, the family will have to discuss nursing home or skilled nursing care. So if she is ok next week....I plan to be at the library in Hillsborough on Tuesday night. :hook

Hey there! I'm in Apex, near Raleigh - have previously lived in Leland, near Wilmington and Concord, near Charlotte. My Hubby is from Hendersonville, near Asheville. My parents are currently in Beaufort on the coast and I have some uncles scattered across the state as well. Needless to say, we criss-cross this state when we visit folks!

OK.. the S&B is not happening for me tonight.... I am trying to manage on 4 hours sleep... My future DIL had a lingerie party in Apex last night and that is an hour and ahalf from home... it was after midnight when we got home... THEN I ahd to wake up at 5:00 to get ds to Raleigh ( an hour away) for basketball conditioning.... a fawn with a mangled leg wobbled on to the clearing right after I came home.. and well.. I spent most of the day getting animal control to come take care of the poor little thing... the guy was telling me to shoot it ...yeah right... seriously..half of one of the legs was missing and I could tell it was in shock.. couldn't have been more then a couple of days old... I cried like a baby!:( So anyhow.. the nap I was planning on taking didn't happen... crochet a row for me!

Minwifeof4boys - After everything you've been through in the last 24 hours I understand! Maybe you can make it to the next one at the beginning of July. I'll hold what I did for you. (Will give me time to do one other!)

I'm really sorry to hear about your dealings with Animal Control and the baby deer, I wouldn't have had the heart to put it down either.

Get some sleep and we'll see you soon.

I had so much fun at the Knit and Crochet Club at the library in Hillsborough tonight!!! :hook

:waving Illene!

The dates have changed - to next Tuesday (27) and July 18th. I guess the library will be closed on the 4th?

Marie is great - going around showing us how to do granny squares.

I won't be at the one of the 27th - my 25 wedding anniversary...but I'll be back on the 18th! :yarn

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to remind you ladies that the next Knit and Crochet club meeting will be tomorrow. I will be there but may be a bit late, I'm employed again! I got a job and JoAnn's fabrics and crafts in Durham and have to work till 4.

Sweetbutterfly I hope that your anniversary was a good one!

Minwifeof4boys I hope that your schedule will allow you some time to attend tomorrow. Still looking forward to meeting you and am still holding on to the cds for you.

Everybody try to stay cool!:manyheart