Anybody in NC?

Guest stormync23

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! I just saw this thread and don't know if it's too late to keep posting, but just introduced myself today, so... anyway, I'm from Wendell which is just east of Raleigh.

Martha

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been wishing so hard for a group in my area (Concord); I even posted on Craig's List looking for one. Wednesday, quite by accident, I did a "groups" search on Ravelry, & found that meets every Thurs evening.

I suggest this to anyone looking for a group.

This awesome to have so many NC's. I live in Pittsboro now, use to live in Apex, husband was in the AF in Goldsboro, grew up & graduated from Princeton (NC), work in Durham, vacation on Oak Island, and love to go to the mountains. I can visit everybody at least once a year! lol:lol

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

My husband just accepted a job in the RTP. He will be moving around the first of the year, so we don't have much time to get things done. Our dilemma is where should he live? Me and the kids are staying here for the time being, my son is a senior, and we are trying to maintain our home here until he is finished. I am not sure if I can handle the separation, but that is another story!

I told him I would check with the area Crochetville members to get some suggestions. I'm asking on Ravelry too so you may see this over there.

Since we will be maintaining two households(aak!) for the time being, clean, safe, inexpensive housing(rent 500 to 700) is what he is seeking. He loves to read, is an avid runner, and would like a short commute if possible.

I have maps, apartment locator books, and some general sense of the highways, but that is about it.

I would appreciate any help about housing options close to the RTP area. Please!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! I live in Cullowhee located in Western North Carolina where I go to college.

TX CrochetLover: I am sorry your husband has to live apart from you. I understand how you feel. My husband is currently deployed to Iraq. It's tough but I keep myself busy crocheting things for him and going to college. I do have to say the distance does make the heart fonder. I don't have kids but I do know what it's like to be apart from your other half. Take care and if you ever want cute ideas of little things to do for him while your apart let me know, I'm full of them! =)

Hi all,

My husband just accepted a job in the RTP. He will be moving around the first of the year, so we don't have much time to get things done. Our dilemma is where should he live? Me and the kids are staying here for the time being, my son is a senior, and we are trying to maintain our home here until he is finished. I am not sure if I can handle the separation, but that is another story!

I told him I would check with the area Crochetville members to get some suggestions. I'm asking on Ravelry too so you may see this over there.

Since we will be maintaining two households(aak!) for the time being, clean, safe, inexpensive housing(rent 500 to 700) is what he is seeking. He loves to read, is an avid runner, and would like a short commute if possible.

I have maps, apartment locator books, and some general sense of the highways, but that is about it.

I would appreciate any help about housing options close to the RTP area. Please!

Hi there! I live in Cullowhee located in Western North Carolina where I go to college.

TX CrochetLover: I am sorry your husband has to live apart from you. I understand how you feel. My husband is currently deployed to Iraq. It's tough but I keep myself busy crocheting things for him and going to college. I do have to say the distance does make the heart fonder. I don't have kids but I do know what it's like to be apart from your other half. Take care and if you ever want cute ideas of little things to do for him while your apart let me know, I'm full of them! =)

PS what is the RTP area?