Comfortghan for woman with brain tumor ~ Picture on post #8

donnalynn2

One of my problems is that I tend to be-friend my customers at work. They become almost like friends to me and I learn about their lives, family, children and so on. Since most of them come in at least once every 2 weeks I see them all the time and many of them really have become friends. Of course that means I feel like they are family when tragedy strikes them.

One of my nicest customers came in the morning in tears. His sister went in this weekend for emergency brain surgery. They found a rather large and aggressive tumor in her brain and operated immediately. She's 71 years old does have some other health problems so they don't even know if she's going to make it. If she does, there will be a long road ahead for her and he's not handling this well at all.

I would really like to make a nice comfortghan for him and his family and when she gets out of ICU he can give it to her. I would like to have this finished and ready to give to him by Sept 29th. If you can contribute in any way, I would be greatful.

I am requesting any 12 inch squares made in ANY colors, but please use Caron Simply Soft and make sure the squares measure 12 inches (other wise it takes a lot longer to join and such.)

Also, if anyone would like to contribute any yarn I am planning on making a nice little gift basket for her in the coming months as she will need chemo and other treatment. I could use Fun Fur, Microspun, Boucle, Homespun and any other nice soft yarn so that I can make her some chemo caps, slippers and maybe a shawl to use while she recovers. (If instead you'd like to actually donate an item instead of yarn, that would be great too!)

Thanks a bunch!

If you can help, please e-mail me:

donnalynn237 at aol dot com

I understand about being close to the customers... I worked in fast food for a while, and as a waitress for a while too. You do get to know them, and they start to feel like family. Count me in on a square or two, just send me your address. I recently bought a big bag of Caron SS at a yard sale, so I'll make a square or two, then send some of the yarn too. It's dark green. :)

Victoria

I was just wondering what happened to the squares that were sent for Donna's cousin and Baby Moses, earlier this year (Feb or March, I believe). A picture was supposed to be posted of the finished product, I have not seen it,has anyone else, maybe I missed it.

Debbie

I was just wondering what happened to the squares that were sent for Donna's cousin and Baby Moses, earlier this year (Feb or March, I believe). A picture was supposed to be posted of the finished product, I have not seen it,has anyone else, maybe I missed it.

Debbie

Oh geez, you're right! I actually got those finished and sent off to my cousin and baby moses but I got them finished and sent when I was in the middle of moving a few months ago. I didn't get a chance to snap a pic. I'll see if I can get my cousin to send me a pic.

So sorry about forgetting to post a pic! Things were so crazy with the move I'm lucky my head is still attached!

I wanted to thank whoever it was that sent me a box with some squares, chemo caps and some simply soft yarn for this comfortghan! There wasn't a note and the return address didn't have a name. Whoever sent this THANK YOU so much!!!

The customer who I am making this for just came in and the biopsy came back and it is cancer. They are only giving her 6 months to live so he's not doing well. Since I am still struggling to get this finished my new deadline is October 6th. I could use 4-5 more 12 inch squares made with simply soft. If anyone else is able to help out, I would be most appreciative. Please PM me for my address. Thanks so much! :hug

I wanted to thank whoever it was that sent me a box with some squares, chemo caps and some simply soft yarn for this comfortghan! There wasn't a note and the return address didn't have a name. Whoever sent this THANK YOU so much!!!

The customer who I am making this for just came in and the biopsy came back and it is cancer. They are only giving her 6 months to live so he's not doing well. Since I am still struggling to get this finished my new deadline is October 6th. I could use 4-5 more 12 inch squares made with simply soft. If anyone else is able to help out, I would be most appreciative. Please PM me for my address. Thanks so much! :hug

You are welcome! Oops!:eek:blush I forgot to enclose a note! Sorry about that! I was hurrying to take the package with me to drop off to post office after dropping off my son to school. That's what I get when I'm in a hurry.

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to thank everyone who was kind enough to send me squares. It turned out a lot nicer than the pictures show but I wanted you to see how it turned out. I used Drew's Dudessembly method and loved how easy it was.

Thanks again everyone!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/donnalynn2/Website%20Pics/tests003.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c343/donnalynn2/Website%20Pics/tests004.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived