Nevada and/or Texas

Tiffany

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I am in Houston on the west side near Katy. Pasadena is a little ways from me, but I am sure we might be able to get together every now & then. I would really like to have someone else in my area. None of my friends crochet, although I am trying to talk one of the ladies at church to start. When everyone gets settled, lets hook up!:clap

• 3 months later...

Use to live in Los Wages... My family and I now live in a small town called Winnie. Amazing lol..

I'm getting ready to move back to Texas, too. My partner and I are moving to Seguin, Texas in late May. He just got a job at the local university there. I'm leaving my tenure track job in Ohio to move back home to be closer to my family (in both San Antonio and Austin).

I was in Austin earlier this week. Stopped in at Hill Country Weavers on S. Congress. What a great yarn shop! I highly recommend it to Austin area folks.

Denise

Seguin?!?! I feel like I am related to 1/2 of that town. So small and cute. My dad was born and raised there, he was 4th generation to live there. Lots of aunts, uncles, cousins, more cousins, and more cousins.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tx here too, right now I live in Bryan/College Station but hopefully next weekend will be living in Arilington

We've finally moved into our new home in Clear Lake City. It's technically Houston because it was annexed several years ago now, but it's still Clear Lake to me. :D I know someone mentioned a knit/crochet group that meets at Coffee Oasis on Monday nights right? I've already informed my husband that in the future, Monday nights are for me. :yay

• 5 months later...

I live in Amarillo and would love to meet some crocheters from this area. I also have another friend here in Amarillo who crochets. I wish I'd been more vigilant in watching this thread. I'd love to hear from any of you who live in this area.

I had forgotten that Pflugerville was that close to Austin. I'll add it to the list. :) We're trying to stay as close as possible to Austin while still living in a reasonably small town. As a lawyer, he'll have better job opportunities in the city while the girls will grow up with the small town atmosphere that we both love.

------------

I'm in Austin, and there's lots of possibilities in you want to be a little bit outside Austin, but still closeby. Manor and Pflugerville are within Travis county, but if you want to venture a little further in a different direction, there's Round Rock, Cedar Park, Kyle, maybe Manchaca. Of course, with the growth in Austin, esp. in the last 10 years, there's little real difference from any one of these towns to the next. With Austin as the center of the circle, the city just reaches out until it hits the next town.

Well Becky, the house across the street from me is for sale. However, we think the price they are asking is way too much. LOL I hope they find what they are looking for. How are you liking the weather we have had lately? I wish we would get some moisture, of any kind!!!! Our fires have been a mess with all this wind. TTYL, :hook

I agree! And here comes the cold we have missed out of this year. Still, can't complain about the weather too much. I may pick up some yarn today and start another baby afghan though just to stay warm!! LOL

Becky

I agree! And here comes the cold we have missed out of this year. Still, can't complain about the weather too much. I may pick up some yarn today and start another baby afghan though just to stay warm!! LOL

Becky

-------------

I have to admit: I'm pretty happy with the cold. And tomorrow it's supposed to rain. Hmmm, a Saturday with no plans, cold, wet weather. I see hot chocolate and crochet in my weekend future...

I can't say I'm all that excited about this cold weather now though. I spent most of today working on an afghan for my DH, in between housework and laundry. It's a surprise so I can only work on it when he's not home. I'm about half finished and it's so warm and heavy I'm almost tempted to just show it to him so I can snuggle in under it and keep working tonight. :wink

Hi Pam, well, I hope that you kept your secret. Or are you snuggling under the afghan tonight? LOL Supposed to be colder tomorrow. Just wish for moisture. We have had yet another fire here today. Poor firemen are getting tired around here. Gosh, ya'll are all so friendly. I am glad to be here, :-)

Archived