Nevada and/or Texas

Tiffany

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That we have not decided yet. We are looking at either the San Antonio or Austin area, but I'm originally from Houston, so we may move back there to be closer to family.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was raised in Borger and Phillips too. Born in Borger. And Phillips is no more. So strange. So very nice to see another crocheter in my area. When we go to Amarillo they are always out of certain colors of yarn so I KNEW there had to be some crocheters there somewhere. Yippee :cheer

• 4 weeks later...

The husband and I set down this weekend with a map and the internet to decide where we will be relocating next May and have decided on the Austin area, probably Georgetown or Round Rock. All we have to do now is complete our degrees and we're heading back home. :cloud9

I had forgotten that Pflugerville was that close to Austin. I'll add it to the list. :) We're trying to stay as close as possible to Austin while still living in a reasonably small town. As a lawyer, he'll have better job opportunities in the city while the girls will grow up with the small town atmosphere that we both love.

• 4 months later...

Still here. :D! We were just in Kingman over the weekend. It's a lovely town. :) I have to make the occassional trip to Whataburger to remind me of home. :)h

Guest ParchedWhisper

Wow...that is cool. Small world for you guys eh? I am just outside of Beaumont. Have not met any yarn fanatics out here yet.

Thinking of going out and sitting down some where in public, hoping that they come up to me. lol.

Hi Donna!

I'm going to be in Pasadena at my mom's for the summer while my husband's studying for the Texas Bar exam, so we'll definitely have to plan to get together! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting ready to move back to Texas, too. My partner and I are moving to Seguin, Texas in late May. He just got a job at the local university there. I'm leaving my tenure track job in Ohio to move back home to be closer to my family (in both San Antonio and Austin).

I was in Austin earlier this week. Stopped in at Hill Country Weavers on S. Congress. What a great yarn shop! I highly recommend it to Austin area folks.

Denise

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm in Cibolo, Tx and have been looking for groups around here! Nice to know there will be some people close by soon...Once you guys get out to Seguin and Austin, we should all hook up!

Archived