Comfortghan for my Sister

Seneca and Scooch

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Coralie- I am sorry it has taken me so long to get this one square out to you. I wanted to crochet Cyndy a cancer awareness pin, too. I looked up the different colors for each pin. Then I had to go to the store to buy pins... Well I was there, I bought her a 'thinking of you' card, too. I didn't really know what to say (not even haven met her!) but I managed to fill up the card front and back. :P I hope it will help her just knowing there are people who do care. :hug

I am going to try and get this out in the mail today. :)

Tina

Hi Tina, That is so thoughtful of you! :hug to make the pin and send her a card as well as a square. :hug Thank-you so much, I will let you know when they arrive.

:hug ,

Coralie

So sorry to hear about your sister. While I cannot commit to making a square right now (finishing a ripple throw for my uncle just given 6 weeks to live - leukemia), your sister will be in my prayers.

Lisa, Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear about your Uncle. :hug Please know that he and your family are in my prayers. :hug

Coralie

Hi Coralie, I sent you two squares today(one country blue and one sage green) and a card for Cyndy. Hope Cyndy is feeling well today!:hug :hug

I have a dark yellow color that looks like it would match the varigated yarn above. I'm new at granny squares, but I think there is enough yarn for one 12" square. I'd be glad to whip it up and send it to you. Message me with the name/address, and I'll mail it this week.

-Nikki

edited: I finished it, and can send it out whenever.

:hug to you and you sis. Its got to be so rough for your whole family now. Please pm me your address and I'll do a couple up for you. I actually have some of the redheart country blue. My prayers will be with your sis and your family.

:hug Your squares arrived and they are beautiful! Thank-you so very much!! I'll post a picture when I get it put together. :hug

Coralie

I have a dark yellow color that looks like it would match the varigated yarn above. I'm new at granny squares, but I think there is enough yarn for one 12" square. I'd be glad to whip it up and send it to you. Message me with the name/address, and I'll mail it this week.

-Nikki

edited: I finished it, and can send it out whenever.

Hi Nikki,

Thank-you for offering to help. I really appreciate it. :hug I sent you a PM with my address.

Coralie

Hi Coralie,

I've got two squares done and hope to have them in the mail to you tomorrow. I haven't blocked them since they'll have to be scrunched up for mailing, but hopefully you'll have them by Saturday or next Monday. Big :hug to you both, Helen

Hi Helen, Your squares arrived today! :) They are so pretty! Thank-you so much for helping out. :hug

Coralie

Coralie, I'm glad they arrived and that I'm not the only one who thinks the patterns are pretty! I wish I could do more for your sister. Please let her know I'm pulling for her and that she is in my prayers!:hug

All the best to you both, Helen

I would like to do two country blue,I grew up in NY,so I know it can be bitter cold,and what a comfort your afghan will be.

please pm where to send.

Linda

Hi Linda, Your squares arrived today and they are so pretty! :hug I really appreciate your help. :hug The comfortghan is going to be so toasty warm and we both know how "chilly" it can get up there. :wink

Coralie

I would like to send a few squares too. please send me your address..my mil is going thru the same thing...she is on chemo for colon ca and it was in her nodes and liver. she goes for a cat scan on 9-18 to see if she is responding. she has all her hair and hasnt lost any of it either time she's been treated.

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Hi Sherri, Your squares arrived today and they are beautiful. Thank-you so much for helping out, I really appreciate it. :hug I have been saying prayers that your MIL got some encouraging news when she went in for her cat scan. :hug

Coralie

coralie,

she gets her results on Tues. We were in PA this weekend and she is looking great! hope her insides are too! will let you know how she does. Will you please let me know if you need more squares?

Sherri

Archived