Comfortghan for my Sister

Seneca and Scooch

coralie

my mothr in law just called...the lower area has responded well but the upper hasnt. so they are going to continue as is for 2 more sessions (4 weeks i think) and then go to some kind of pill....i get this info second hand from hubby and i think sometimes things get lost in tranfer! thank for think of her!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coralie

my mothr in law just called...the lower area has responded well but the upper hasnt. so they are going to continue as is for 2 more sessions (4 weeks i think) and then go to some kind of pill....i get this info second hand from hubby and i think sometimes things get lost in tranfer! thank for think of her!

Sherri,

I'm so sorry, I missed your post earlier today. I have been thinking about your mother in law and hoping she had some encouraging news. I'm so glad the lower area has responded well and will keep her in my prayers that the upper will respond as she begins another round of chemo. :hug

Cyndy wasn't able to have chemo last week because she was having problems with bloody noses. Her test results finally came back yesterday and if they had been one way it would have meant that she had a blood disorder but they were the other way and she was able to go in for chemo today. However, when they took blood this morning, her white blood count was down again. She can't have chemo if it is below 2000 and it was borderline but they let her have the chemo treatment.

Thank-you for letting me know about your Mother in law. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Coralie

• 2 weeks later...
Coralie,how is Cyndy coming along,,

:hug thinking of you and your family.

Hi, How thoughtful of you to ask. :hug She completed her second round of chemo (8 weeks). She had some problems, nose bleeds and one morning she collapsed in the shower but they ran blood tests and everything looked okay. Today, she went in for more blood work and a CT scan to see how much progress the chemo has made and the scan showed that the tumors on her liver have changed for the better and her pancreas is cancer free! :cheer She will begin another 8 week cycle of chemo next week. Needless to say, we are so relieved that the chemo is still working.

There are a couple of more squares coming in and then I am going to start putting her comfortghan together. :hug

Coralie

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry I haven't posted in awhile. My inlaws were in town, and I came down with the virus that has been going around. Cyndy was supposed to start her third round of chemo and her white blood count has been too low. She was able to have the smaller dose of chemo but not the stronger one. She went in for a bone scan last Friday and is waiting for the results. Meanwhile Bless her heart, she thinks she has come down with a virus which is making her very tired on top of being tired from the chemo. :( Your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated :hug I will keep you updated when her bone scan results come in.

Coralie

Archived