Western Canada crocheters??

crochetdiva

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do any of you ever think about going to Tim's and just sit and crochet? Or am I the only one that will actually be doing this alone??? What a frightening thought, eh? I am usually a people watcher but if I am working on a simple project, I could sit and crochet and amuse myself watching people come into Tim's. Hey, Andrea, I am sooo looking forward to an Iced Cappucino!;)

I'm also a Canadian from Ottawa, I love seeing all of your messages from across the nation. The good thing about having you all aboard is if we find a sale at Zellers or at Giant Tiger we can post for all to see. Like 2 weeks ago we had the handicrafter cotton for $1 at Zellers......good deal. :hug Maria

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I figured I'd post here rather than starting a new message. I'm in Calgary, and if anyone wants to start a coffee night in the area here, I'd be all for it. :)

hey! I'm in Ontario too!

I'm in Hamilton (on the mountain) but orginally from eastern ontario (cornwall..pembroke).

Does anyone know of any crochet groups here in the area? any good LYS?

I have been going to Lens Mill Store alot lately because they seem to have alot of good deals on yarn! (whoohooo)..not impressed with Michaels much...The wal*mart near my house SUCKS for yarn (they never have any in stock!) and Zellers is iffy sometimes (however i love thier buy 1 get on FREE sales on yarn!)

Have a good one!

Jennifer

• 1 month later...

Here's another late poster on this thread...

Here in Regina, yarn options seem rather sparse at times.

Sure Michael's usually has more variety (and sometimes better prices) than Wal-Mart, but still not much when the manufacturers' websites are so easily accessible. We still have Zeller's, and even Superstore will occasionally have some stuff.

Am holding out against the stores on the web - too dangerous, from the sounds of it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I know this thread was started quite a while ago, but I've been nearly invisible since I joined because of school.

Anyways, I'm in Winnipeg and would like to get together with some fellow crocheters to sit and have a cup of coffee, chat and stitch away!

Okay I am really late here. I am originally from Winnipeg but am now in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.

Wish I could find some crocheters here in Northern Ontario.

Carol

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived