What colours are you crocheting? today/tomorrow?

I have a lady that wants a christmas colored dress for her 4 year old.

What do you not make with it???:lol :lol

My mom is making potholders in Christmas colors to give away. She also has bag ladies (holds plastic bags). Anything you want to decorate with...for the season.

There's afghans and the list can go on.

I have been working a lot with #3 cotton thread & couldn't find a rich brown, greens that weren't a version of sage & no shaded or multi colors, so now am dyeing my own. So far my favorite results have been a spring green & turquoise multi & a shaded peach.

:)Alosha

Right now I am working with orange, pepto bismol pink, and red for a purse. waiting for me is two gorgeous balls of variagated violet pink and white wool. Lately I have craved purples, but usually I am partial to the greens

I've discovered I like the heathers. I bought a heather blue and a heather charcol yarn ww last year. It works up very pretty. I also found a heather type beige. It was beige with darker specks through it, but it is dk. I am also interested in working with more earth tones (browns, greens etc).

• 5 weeks later...

I just got my colour forcasting newsletter today :clap and the trends seem to be going organic -> trees, twigs, flowers largely abstract or geometrically protrayed and at the same time moving into the greyed colours. if you want heathers, they will be coming I guess. The sunrise/sunset afghan would be an indicator of this trend... greyed greens forming geometric/organic shapes

Here are some links to show what people believe will lead the trends:

http://www.printpattern.blogspot.com/

http://www.itsknotwood.blogspot.com/

http://www.brown712.com/

I am wondering what this will lead the pattern companies to move to for us to make next.

The Caron circle jacket is a hint of the organic nature and another slightly greyed green in a different colouration.

It should be interesting. guess I better schedule a bunch of flower afghans eh?

I love all this colour forcasting stuff :yay:2magic

Right now I'm making a baby sweater with cream, coral, yellow, purple & green. Yeah, I know that sounds kind of crazy, but the majority of the sweater is cream & the other colors make a straight band of pattern across the chest... so the bright colors are "contained." :) For myself, I tend to like fall colors.

I am all for those deep jewel tones. The Morrocan colors, deep purple, red, golds, oranges, blues. Beautiful. I love greens. Bright vivid colors. That is what I like. What I wear is a different story. I am not so bright in my clothes but I am working on it.

i like bright off the wall colors but also subdued colors like what you see in the tlc essentials line like surf and turf and jungle choco cherry i love the varigated colors a nice beige would be nice like Darski said ohh to think of the eastern infulences like from india and places my what they could come up with

• 1 month later...

Here is another article forecasting what will be in our homes next year. It helps to view the slideshow

http://interiordec.about.com/od/choosingcolor/a/ColorTrends2007.htm

These people (Colour Marketing Group) decide what will be available for us to buy and it can make a difference to your home ...if you can only buy yellow greens when your home is painted for blue greens (for instance) where do you go for stuff for your couch or your kitchen cupboards.

I find this stuff fascinating.

At this time of year, I would really like to find yarn in a rich camel color, but it is very hard to find. I think camel is so elegant, either by itself, or mixed with black, brown or even charcoal grey.

I agree with you Janie. It doesn't make the store shelves too often though. The Burberry tartan was "in" a few years back and I got a some then. I have a small amount left but once that is gone...

I'm working on my snowflake afghan wihich is navy blue and white and I am going to start blankets for project Linus this weekend so I will probably will being using pink, blue and white then.

Archived