What colours are you crocheting? today/tomorrow?

I wanted to do a quick check on what the colour marketing(forecasting) board is planning for us and I found this article:

http://www.casualliving.com/article/CA6369102.html

I really like what I am reading here and it tells us what colour yarns are likely to be showing up over the next while. (I can't find a decent beige anywhere just now and beige is a useful neutral)

What are people wanting to find in the way of colours - let's conduct our own marketing survey eh?:hook

Are you wanting to know what is popular or what colors we personally like?

Black is always in. Elegant and trendy.

As for what I like...(girly girl talking here): Pink and purple. And those are not pastel hues. I'm talking this color pink and this color purple.

I'm also into turquoise right now. Blue, too. I like color. :)

I love bright colors for my daughter to wear. I do not like pastels on her or myself. We have the pale, pale skin with light hair and we look awful in pastels. Pinks and Purples are our favorite for her.

I'm not much of pastels for babies either as their eyes follow bright colors, so I use brighter colors on them.

I agree with Black....always elegant. I do like Charcoal gray and deep rich Chocolate Brown. I love the Plum purple, but the stores aren't carrying it anymore. I have to order it online.

I like Coral and Teal because they can work with a lot of skin tones and hair colors. Jade Green is also a great color.

My one son loves blues and golds. My other son want everything in Camo and Reds.

The article said that Eastern influences are having a larger say in what will be coming. I am thinking of the rich jewel tones with bright shiny golds of India and thailand. How would this play out in my crocheting over the next while. I am not sure that would fit into what I want to make but it might be all that gets made by manufacturers.

I have been buying lots of orange in this past while because orange is one of the colours you can only get once in a long while. (I was reading somewhere that people associated Howard Johnson's orange roof idea with cheap so people didn't do orange bacause it said "Cheap". Well, it seems that young people have discovered Orange and nobody else was doing it so they have adopted it as their theme colour.)

I would be happy to see more browns, that kick seems to have missed our little area; we didn't get much in that range. I am not quite sure what a honey-brown would mean in an LYS.

I love colour and how people respond and react to it.

Just some rambling thoughts about colour.

plum....I want a rich plum color and a yellow , not knock your socks off and not pale pastel somewhere in the middle, same with pink.......I'm seeing more sparkle yarns and less fuzzy sign of the times? I'm tired of having to work with what the manufacturers TELL me I should want but, what can you do??? pet peeve

I'm doing an afghan now in light sage green, rose, and off-white. I'm also making some placemats in all colors of the rainbow (Peaches and Cream Fiesta Ombre). Knitting a rusty-orange scarf to go with a cap I've crocheted, possibly a Christmas gift for someone. In my stash, any color goes!

The article said that Eastern influences are having a larger say in what will be coming. I am thinking of the rich jewel tones with bright shiny golds of India and thailand. How would this play out in my crocheting over the next while. I am not sure that would fit into what I want to make but it might be all that gets made by manufacturers.

I have been buying lots of orange in this past while because orange is one of the colours you can only get once in a long while. (I was reading somewhere that people associated Howard Johnson's orange roof idea with cheap so people didn't do orange bacause it said "Cheap". Well, it seems that young people have discovered Orange and nobody else was doing it so they have adopted it as their theme colour.)

I would be happy to see more browns, that kick seems to have missed our little area; we didn't get much in that range. I am not quite sure what a honey-brown would mean in an LYS.

I love colour and how people respond and react to it.

Just some rambling thoughts about colour.

I heard people say that they relate orange to the 60's and 70's oranges.

I moved here last year and the school colors for the High School is black and orange....So needless to say I gotten more orange yarns to make hats with because of the school.

I find lots and lots of oranges at Thrift stores as well as browns. But I really like the brown like in RH Plush. That brown is rich and reminds me of chocolate bar or hot chocolate.

I agree with the browns/oranges, I'm working up an afgan for our bed in those tones along with cream. I love rich browns.

At the moment working with bright cherry red microspun :)

and bright cherry red thread. Guess I'm in a red mood.

I'm traumatized from too much harvest gold, avocado green and whateveritwas orange from the 70's. Not to mention those colors make me look gross.

I love untinted blue, purple and reds, although I'm speaking generally. My walls are painted in pastels teals and yellows.

Jewel tones - right now my favorite projects include;

teal blue

dark chocolate brown

plum

a scarf with copper, gold and burnt orange

a deep burgundy

ohhh.... I'm convinced. I would love to see these.

I'll take colour any way I can get it. :cheer:lol

I would love to see more bright jewel tones. I'm working on a scarf for my sister using LB Homespun - we were both pleasantly surprised to find the Grape in such a beautiful bright tone.

For myself, I would love to see a more varied selection of greens(green is my FAVORITE color). Most of what I see has a lot of yellow undertones, which doesn't do me very well as it makes me look completely sallow.

For myself' date=' I would love to see a more varied selection of greens(green is my FAVORITE color). Most of what I see has a lot of yellow undertones, which doesn't do me very well as it makes me look completely sallow.[/quote']

The good news is that greens are moving from the yellow-greens as noted either in the article or one of the links I followed from it. I am not a big fan of yellow-greens myself so I am with you here.

I have a skein of yellow that has such an undercast of green that I am afraid that I am going to have to give it away. I just can't stand it.

vivid colors! any color, i am getting tired of some of these blah neutrals that are all greenish colored...when i get blue i want bright primary color blue, red, i want brilliant red with rich undertones...and metallics that would be interesting :) i think a new color pallete would enhance our work and make it stand out better

Right now I want fall colors: orange, rust, cranberry, greens, browns. I'm also using various metallics in anticipation of Christmas. My color choices vary with the season.

I found some Homespun at Hobby Lobby for $1.69 a skein in Grape and some darker green color. Since I've never worked with it, I only got one of each skein, but with some creativity, I managed to get a hat and scarf out of it. Hat is the grape with green trim and the scarf is green with a grape flower. Now, I wish I'd bought more. Live and learn, I guess.

Mostly, I am a pastel girl and when I'm making stuff for someone else, I have to force myself to use other colors. Lately though, I've been in a brown faze. I don't know where that came from. I've been itching to get back to the pretty pastel pink though.

BTW, what do you make with the multi colored Christmas yarn? I bought some recently that was green, burgandy and off white. Reminded me of Christmas and since it was on sale, I got one skein. Yet I have no clue what to make with it. Any ideas?

The good news is that greens are moving from the yellow-greens as noted either in the article or one of the links I followed from it. I am not a big fan of yellow-greens myself so I am with you here.

Excellent. I love green any time of the year, but with fall coming I really like the darker green colors. Thanks for the heads up.

I found some Homespun at Hobby Lobby for $1.69 a skein in Grape and some darker green color. Since I've never worked with it, I only got one of each skein, but with some creativity, I managed to get a hat and scarf out of it. Hat is the grape with green trim and the scarf is green with a grape flower. Now, I wish I'd bought more. Live and learn, I guess.

Mostly, I am a pastel girl and when I'm making stuff for someone else, I have to force myself to use other colors. Lately though, I've been in a brown faze. I don't know where that came from. I've been itching to get back to the pretty pastel pink though.

BTW, what do you make with the multi colored Christmas yarn? I bought some recently that was green, burgandy and off white. Reminded me of Christmas and since it was on sale, I got one skein. Yet I have no clue what to make with it. Any ideas?

What do you not make with it???:lol :lol

My mom is making potholders in Christmas colors to give away. She also has bag ladies (holds plastic bags). Anything you want to decorate with...for the season.

There's afghans and the list can go on.

Although I have just finished a project in a deep chocolate brown, and another project in varigated autumn colors, I am usually drawn to cool colors. I love pinks and blues and greens and purples. Beyond that, I have a lot of black, grey and red yarn. I really should do a few stash busting projects. :D

Archived