Does anyone else hide yarn from their spouse?

CLLinda

Hmmmm.... all these stories of yarn-hiding wives. I'm starting to think....if getting a hubby means I have to start sneaking in and hiding my yarn, I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. ;)

Thanks for opening my eyes ladies! My future as a yarn-stashing, crocheting, spinster cat-lady is looking quite bright!

:hook

ROFL! You know, you could find a supportive spouse instead. Yesterday at the LYS I met an engaged couple that are making a blanket together for their future marital bed! How sweet is that!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, nice stash ...

Too bad my addictions are yarn AND books. We're in the middle of moving and I swear 25 - 30 of the boxes we've moved have been my books alone. Boy do I need to weed my collection soon.

That's what I get for working at a library. Can't resist the library booksales. :lol

The problem is that there isnt enough time to make the 30 or so projects I have in mind for all the yarn LOL And I have given away 3 crates of yarn already to charity knitting groups too. However, we are also over-run with books, any free wall space has a bookshelf on it. If you are cutting down your book collection, Half-Price Books buys used books!

being fairly new to the craft of crochet, I have developed a slight addiction to yarn......generally I get odd balls of yarn and cones of yarn from charity shops in town....I have a very tight budget and so cant always afford yarn from the craft shop, I also asked for odd balls of yarn on freecycle, one lady brought over 3 huge bags of it! sadly some of it wasnt usable but most of it was! my husband put his foot down and I ended up donating some to the school, and some to a lady who makes blankets for a pet shelter, I made tons of caps for a charity drive and slowly have used up the stash, making most of my christmas gifts this year....(not bad for a self taught newbie!) but I do have a new love of sock yarn........I am being very good and keeping spending down to only buying yarn for a project and then making that item before stocking up on more! no one told me it would be so addictive! yikes! :)

Nope....I don't hide yarn from my husband. Every paycheck, we each have in the budget a certain amount of money for us each to do whatever we want with. So, if I want to take my 'allowance' and buy yarn with it, I do. lol I think that he may start to complain though when space becomes an issue. hehe

Well, at least its only yarn?

I collect fabric for quilts. I make.

I collect books for quilts, crocheting knitting. cooking.

I do feel guilty at times.

But, I don't go out much. I have a lot of diseases,conditions and illness.

My hobbies help keep me sane in;in, insane world. PINKROSES

:hug Hey you know we are in the same boat ;I also have so many illnesses to and when I go out I get tired fast, so when I do go and have the money I get everything I can because i do various crafts (knitting ,crochet,painting ,sewing,ect )so as you see I need to buy diffrent thing for diffrent crafts .but yes I try to go when he's working so that I can mone until I want to.hahahahahaha so go girl and feel happy with yourselv'es don't worry about it ,ha ! and the best thing of my hubby is that he lets me know how good of a job I did when he see's what I made.aint that cute of him ? that's why I love him.:hug :hug

I can't say that I haven't been tempted to, but no, I don't. He's very supportive of my hobbies and interests, and I just can't lie to him. As long as I stay within the budget each of us have set aside every month for luxuries, etc., there's never a problem. Although, yesterday was more trying on that agreement then usual: I only have $6 left in my budget for the month, and I found myself in the middle of Hobby Lobby... :scared

:eek Hobby lobby and with no money ouch! That hurts:think

My husband's geeky gaming hobbies cost far more than any of mine right now... so he can't say a thing. And he doesn't. He knows I am more frugal with money than he is... ;)

Truth be told, I don't buy a lot of yarn, unless I have a specific project in mind... and the bulk of my current stash was donated to me by two friends who were cleaning out THEIR attics. LOL! Most of it is destined for charity projects, some is going on eBay, and some has already become gifts for people.

He's actually selling off a bunch of his older games he doesn't play anymore on eBay(mostly Games Workshop stuff), and he already told me I can have the empty shelves for my yarn! WOOT! :yay

:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer that's what I call womens power .:lol :lol :lol

I don't hide yarn but I don't brag much after coming home either lol! Well, maybe if it was a thrift shop deal. :lol

He has his hobbies & I have mine. He is very supportive though. Sometimes he even WANTS me to go buy yarn...even tells me to...I know why though...he has a thought in his mind that he wants to go get a new golf club or something. :lol

:lol That is so true and funny. Mine is a nascar fan and boy he know how to get me to walmart .He says do you need to buy yarn ? and if i say yes he says lets go but I know it's that he's got sumething up in his mined.lolaren't they funny sometimes :lol :lol

:)

being fairly new to the craft of crochet, I have developed a slight addiction to yarn......generally I get odd balls of yarn and cones of yarn from charity shops in town....I have a very tight budget and so cant always afford yarn from the craft shop, I also asked for odd balls of yarn on freecycle, one lady brought over 3 huge bags of it! sadly some of it wasnt usable but most of it was! my husband put his foot down and I ended up donating some to the school, and some to a lady who makes blankets for a pet shelter, I made tons of caps for a charity drive and slowly have used up the stash, making most of my christmas gifts this year....(not bad for a self taught newbie!) but I do have a new love of sock yarn........I am being very good and keeping spending down to only buying yarn for a project and then making that item before stocking up on more! no one told me it would be so addictive! yikes! :)

I also tought myself to crochet and now to knit,I am in a library group and we have alot of fun showing all the things we make .I had alot of them bins but since I moves to New York I've been using my stash to bring it down .Now that I'm up to one bin now I can start staking up again.My hbby and Me as long as we pay the bills first each one can do whatever.Thank God I have my own check.and as long as I pay first I'm ok to go.:yes :yes :yes:cheer

I no longer hide the yarn because there is just too much of it. We have a ranch style house with a large basement and I have an enormous area filled with yarn. Today I bought 16 balls of Bernat Super Saver that Wal-Mart had on sale and when I put it in the yarn area even I couldn't believe how much was there. My husband builds wooden model ships and spends far more money on his hobby than I do, so he can't say much.

Archived