Does anyone else hide yarn from their spouse?

CLLinda

Sometimes, I go shopping on Saturdays or Sundays when he is home. He doesn't want me to go buy more yarn, so I just usually leave it in the car until Monday when he goes to work, or if he goes out somewhere, I bring it in the house and stash it.

Does anyone else do this? Is it wrong? I know I have a lot of yarn already, but not the correct colors always.

Besides, it's fun to have a stash!!

:manyheart

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha Ha, too funny. I have actually done this before. My hubby is okay with me buying yarn, but sometimes his wisecracks on how much "string" as he calls it is just annoying. I completely agree with you on the yarn. I know I have ALOT of yarn, but it's not the right colors for the projects I need. I also like to pick up skeins that just happen to call my name out, lol. :blush

boy can i sympathize. i never thought i'd do it but i've started. i have one tub of yarn in our room and he thinks that's too much. last week i stopped at walmart after class and bought a bunch of it and left it in my car trunk until i got a morning where he went to work and i snuck it in. today, my mom and i went out to 2 yarn stores and i bought sooo much lol cuz they had all this gorgeous yarn that i don't see around here... 2 big bags worth... i put it in my car trunk because i don't have room for it in my bin and i plan to bring it in when i make room.

he doesn't really get mad at me, in fact when i do him favors or something he'll offer to buy me a little bit of yarn, in fact he owes me right now lol, but when i got out and splurge on it, he has his snarky comments. but i don't say anything when he buys his video games. such is men, and so we must work around them. =)

Well, at least its only yarn?

I collect fabric for quilts. I make.

I collect books for quilts, crocheting knitting. cooking.

I do feel guilty at times.

But, I don't go out much. I have a lot of diseases,conditions and illness.

My hobbies help keep me sane in;in, insane world. PINKROSES

Aren't video games about $30 and up in price? Shouldn't you get at least an equal amount in yarn? Any toys the guys have to have should equal the yarn we have to have!

No, I don't hide yarn. I figure I'm an adult and can spend a little money if I want. Of course, it helps that he doesn't criticize me for my purchases. I would be very resentful of a husband who treated me like a child. I am not an extravagant person and most of my "luxury" purchases are yarn, fabric and books.

my secret is ordering yarn online. he's not around when the mail comes, so i can fudge about how much i actually got! LOL! why can't husbands understand yarnaholism!? LOL! he doesn't seriously mind, 'cuz he's just as bad with tools, but the teasing gets soooo old!:hug cathy w.

Ok, I would Never, Never hide yarn. ;) ;) However if I was Ever to hide yarn. I would purchase it when he was not around and bring it in with a ton of other bags and then slip it into the kitchen under the sink. When he wasn't looking I would then take it and hide I mean place it under some other yarn in one of my many I mean few yarn tubs and he would Never know about it. Of course that would be IF I ever hid yarn from my hubby. ;)

I won't tell him, if you don't --- SHHH!!

Don't sweat it. I pay cash for my yarn or scrapbooking supplies so the credit card bill or checking account doesn't scream too much.

If it's a small purchase- it goes on the card.

We're saving for a house. I'm being frugal. But hubby just made an impulse decision today tospend $700. on a small boat. He already has 4. 2 large and 2 small.

What the heck???

Now I have to find a new hiding place when I go home; (I've been gone 5 months so far) cause they know them all now from having to go find clothes to send me!

Here, I have to hide it from Mom, but now that I've got her knitting again it's not that bad. But I need to get the bedroom cleaned up so I can walk without killing myself, and that means finding someplace for the yarn. Not really hidden, just not right in her face...

I can't say that I haven't been tempted to, but no, I don't. He's very supportive of my hobbies and interests, and I just can't lie to him. As long as I stay within the budget each of us have set aside every month for luxuries, etc., there's never a problem. Although, yesterday was more trying on that agreement then usual: I only have $6 left in my budget for the month, and I found myself in the middle of Hobby Lobby... :scared

I've never had to hide yarn (but I don't exactly flaunt purchases either so it doesn't have to get to that point.) :yarn:D

I do however feel like I am getting to the point where I should be hiding magazines and pattern books. There are just too many good ones out there!!! I know there is no way I am ever going to be able to have time to sit down and use even one pattern out of each book/mag I own, but I just keep buying 'em anyway! :manyheart:hook

Luckily, my hubby bowls weekly and is into computers (he's an IT professional). These things cost more $$ than my yarn addiction. :)

Has anyone made repeated promises to purge their stash and then not followed through? I find myself making that promise a lot about both yarn and shoes...but I never quite honor it even though my intentions are good...:blush

Absolutely...YES!!!

It is just easier to show him the finished project...since he is an over the road truck driver and gone all week...I am able to get things done while he is gone. I am not allowed to crochet when he is home...it takes away from "his" time.

And then...there are the things I make for him...I will sometimes buy yarn when he is with me...but not if it is a project for him.

I do have to admit...this weekend...I bought my yarn for the CAL Victorias Secret Skirt...he was all for that after he saw the Pepe Patricia Skirt I finished!!!

I buy yarn then hide in the back of one of my yarn cupboards. I try not to use it for a while, so when I do he doesn't notice it's something new. The only problem is that I usually forget I even have it. Come to think of it, I need to go through my stash and see what I have!!

you can have mine chigaco, just kidding, but yes is something i have an issue with. i would never in a million years show him what i buy, only time he didn't have major melt down was when i was recovering from my 1st back surgery and he new i needed something different to do, and i was making a bed spread out of size 10 thread, then he got mad cause i have not finished it. its one of my to do lists. i just have nor decided how to finish putting it together and so it sits.(course this was 5years ago, since i had the 1st one and another one down too,) but i feel its not a expensive habit, not like his race cars. or the new one car he wants to buy or the many other things like his ... well anyways i could go on and on, but i figure that as long as i am not bugging him, he does not need to bug me:devil :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil

Archived