Upstate NY?

shelbyro

Hi Fellow Upstaters - I was wondering if anyone on here lived around Watkins Glen? and could tell me if there are any yarn shops or craft stores in that area. We are going to the races and I'm the "Odd man out" only female going. So while the guys are all talking cars, I want to keep myself occupied in the "down time".

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QueenofCrochet: Where abouts in Columbia County are you? I’m in Greene County. ^_^ Who knew there'd be people so nearby who were on here?

I live in Camillus - just outside of Syracuse, and would love to meet up with anyone in the area. I too think of this region as Central New York rather than Upstate. (And say "soda" rather than "pop" - isn't that a Western New York thing?)

A loooong time ago I worked in both Rochester and Syracuse...when in Rochester it's called pop and when in Syracuse it's called soda...of course you could always call it soda pop :lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I just found this thread! I am from Potsdam, near the Canadian border, but am living in Gouverneur now, 35 miles south! We are stationed at Fort Drum in Watertown!

I grew up in Russell, spent a lot of time in Canton, Ogdensburg, Potsdam, and Gouveneur because of family and a few friends. Now I'm in Kemptville, ON less than an hour from Ogdensburg. After seeing so many responses from people down near Albany and Rochester, it's nice to see there's someone familiar with my neck of the woods! :)

Archived