Upstate NY?

shelbyro

Sounds great to me Moomooo, my mom crochets too, so she might like to come along as well. I know so few people who crochet, in fact, I know so few people period. I actually grew up in Delaware County. Graduated high school in Hancock, and my my grew up in the greater Andes area, so finding a place to meet shouldn't be very hard. Hopefully we can get Leah to join us. I'll be looking forward to it!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be up for this as well. I haven't met many crocheters, although I recently found out that one of the women I work with also crochets. Maybe we could all go for coffee or something. It sounds like fun!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am a Long Islander, but my son goes to college in the Finger Lakes. I will be picking him up to bring him home for the summer in about a week, and depending on when I leave to go up, may have a little time for myself. In case I need a "fix," is there anywhere interesting (yarn related, of course) in the area that I should make time to go visit?

Thanks for your help!

FootballMom :hook

I am a Long Islander, but my son goes to college in the Finger Lakes. I will be picking him up to bring him home for the summer in about a week, and depending on when I leave to go up, may have a little time for myself. In case I need a "fix," is there anywhere interesting (yarn related, of course) in the area that I should make time to go visit?

Thanks for your help!

If you're going to be in Geneva, there's a nice little yarn store in their downtown district.

Hi Lynne:

Wow, what a quick response! Thanks so much. I have already looked up the phone number of the store and will call to check on their hours before I leave. Good guess on where I'll be!

Thanks Again!

hi I live in charlotte. I think the webster jo anns is the best one yet sure has west ridge beat

My son and his family live in Webster, I'll have to stop in and check JoAnns out. And of course make sure I have my checkbook w/me :yes

I just found this thread! I am from Potsdam, near the Canadian border, but am living in Gouverneur now, 35 miles south! We are stationed at Fort Drum in Watertown!

a TRUE upstate New Yorker!! LOL!! i lived in Potsdam as a kid, and Massena, but spent MOST of my childhood in Madrid!! I'm military, and now live in San Antonio TX...but I miss living in the sticks!!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I"m in Batavia, close to both Buffalo and Rochester, but grew up in Central NY (Bouckville, anyway know where that is?). I went to College in Delhi so I know where Oneonta is :D, lived in Palenville and worked in Kingston, and eventually ended up here.

Oh Barbie ~ Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I am so glad you pulled up this thread! I just discovered I live in the town right next to lynned1952! I'm going to get in touch right away. She's a couple miles away!

Joyce

• 1 month later...
Guest Catlizg

I'm just south of Buffalo and looking for some fellow crocheters who would like to meet up periodically, maybe once a month for coffee, crocheting, and chatting (not necessarily in that order). To my fellow New Yorkers, know what you mean about that upstate thing. Grew up and worked in the, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Long Island and Poughkeepsie areas and thought Poughkeepsie was really the boonies. Moved here in 1990 and got the shock of my life. Love the area, but could really do without the gray dreariness of winter. The snow, even thought there's a ton of it, isn't a problem, but mud and rain - blecch. Lake Erie is lovely but give me the Atlantic anyday. Guess I'll always be a Lawng Eyeland girl at heart.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in Rochester NY and always interested in getting to know crocheters in the area. Let's get to know each and see what happens, if you're interested.

cynde

Maggieferous: I'm about 10 miles from Watkins Glen! Please tell your mom that there is now a crochet/knit "club" in Horseheads every monday from 11:00-ish to 12:00-ish...at the Sweet Read Book/Coffee shop in Grand Central Plaza (near Radio Shack and the liquor store)..... :clap

I work in Horseheads and live in Elmira!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all Upstate NYers...I was born and raised in the Buffalo area, my sis still lives there in Orchard Park, me I left and live in sunny Southern California now.. :) But I love the countryside in there....

• 2 months later...

Thought I would bump this up. I am in Amsterdam, exit 27 on Thruway. About 40 minutes from Saratoga - I go to Saratoga Needles Arts for classes and special yarns. About an hour south of Lake George. If it can be worked around my strange work schedule - I work 7 days on and 7 days off - I am willing to meet up. I can probably arrange with hubby to meet at his bar in the hotel.....we can sit in back and not bother any one. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Camillus - just outside of Syracuse, and would love to meet up with anyone in the area. I too think of this region as Central New York rather than Upstate. (And say "soda" rather than "pop" - isn't that a Western New York thing?)

Archived