I grew up in Spencerport, then went to school in Ithaca. Now I work in Ithaca and live 25 miles south, close to the PA border.

Gosh, where was everyone 4 or 5 years ago? I'm from Watkins Glen, went to college in Brockport, and now live in Pittsburgh (where the only people I know who crochet are the ones I've taught....)-Mom still lives in the Glen, and she loves to crochet and Dad loves to drive and go places, so I'll point her in this direction :)

I live in Binghamton, which is about an hour south of Syracuse. ^.^

Kasie me too. I would love a meet up around here but no matter what group I join offering it no one ever shows up :(

I live right in the heart of Rochester... well, actually, east side but in the city, technically. If I lived a block or two east I'd be in Webster. I love it here! .... except when it snows, which it's supposed to tonight... *sigh*.... One of my friends is looking to move to a city with a good technology school as RIT is one of the possibilities (and a couple in Boston are others, where we both went to college), I made her a list as to why she should move to Rochester instead of Boston. All the Michael's and Jo-Ann's in the area made the list!!

Have you all been to the Webster Jo-Ann's? It's awesome!

hi I live in charlotte. I think the webster jo anns is the best one yet sure has west ridge beat

Hello-

Anyone in Lower Ulster County?

How cool. . I used to live on Rte 52 between Walker Valley and Pine Bush!

Now I live down in NC. . .

maggiferous, when did you got to Suny Brockport? My parents went there. Even better, that's where they met :D.

How cool. . I used to live on Rte 52 between Walker Valley and Pine Bush!

I'm off RT 209 on the other side of the mountain I'm the next town north... small world

cindy

Maggiferous: I'm about 10 miles from Watkins Glen! Please tell your mom that there is now a crochet/knit "club" in Horseheads every monday from 11:00-ish to 12:00-ish...at the Sweet Read Book/Coffee shop in Grand Central Plaza (near Radio Shack and the liquor store)..... :clap

Anyone in the area:

The more the merrier! We have a lot of fun chatting and playing with yarn - supposedly making baby items for charity, but folks are crocheting/knitting whatever they want! No cost for the club, it's a used book store, your dad can sit and read or browse around the plaza, and the coffee, tea, etc. is delicious! :cheer

We'd love to have your mom join us! (you too when you're home!!!) :manyheart (and anyone in the area!)

Maggieferous: I'm about 10 miles from Watkins Glen! Please tell your mom that there is now a crochet/knit "club" in Horseheads every monday from 11:00-ish to 12:00-ish...at the Sweet Read Book/Coffee shop in Grand Central Plaza (near Radio Shack and the liquor store)..... :clap

The more the merrier! We have a lot of fun chatting and playing with yarn - supposedly making baby items for charity, but folks are crocheting/knitting whatever they want! No cost for the club, it's a used book store, your dad can sit and read or browse around the plaza, and the coffee, tea, etc. is delicious! :cheer

We'd love to have your mom join us! (you too when you're home!!!) :manyheart

ANYONE in the area (or on vacation driving through) is more than welcome to join us! Bring your yarn project and get ready for fun!:cheer

Aww I wish I was closer. Horseheads, according to Mapquest, is 62 mi from me. I am still trying to fond anyone to start a group in Binghamton NY> I did have a small group I was in through stitch and bitch but they never meet. I met witht hem twice then people just stopped comign, stopped responding to the online group as well :no

Aww I wish I was closer. Horseheads, according to Mapquest, is 62 mi from me. I am still trying to fond anyone to start a group in Binghamton NY> I did have a small group I was in through stitch and bitch but they never meet. I met witht hem twice then people just stopped comign, stopped responding to the online group as well :no

Just hop on Rt 17 (Future 86) and come straight to Horseheads, getting off at Center Street (lots of construction in this area)....turn left, you'll see the Kmart plaza....go to end of plaza and there we are!!!!

We buzz down (before the gas prices) to your AC Moore, OCB in Vestal once in a while.....love AC Moore!

:cheer

Just hop on Rt 17 (Future 86) and come straight to Horseheads, getting off at Center Street (lots of construction in this area)....turn left, you'll see the Kmart plaza....go to end of plaza and there we are!!!!

We buzz down (before the gas prices) to your AC Moore, OCB in Vestal once in a while.....love AC Moore!

:cheer

Jozzie

I wish I could but I don't have 3 hrs during the day to do so right now :no. I work 2 full time jobs, one part time thats ending soon thankfully and in college as well while raising three kids, buying a house and attempting to plan a wedding lol. Platse kinda full but thatsnks for the invite and maybe some day when life slows down I'll be able to.

Jozzie

I wish I could but I don't have 3 hrs during the day to do so right now :no. I work 2 full time jobs, one part time thats ending soon thankfully and in college as well while raising three kids, buying a house and attempting to plan a wedding lol. Platse kinda full but thatsnks for the invite and maybe some day when life slows down I'll be able to.

Wow, gal, you sure are busy! :eek Invitation stands for anytime, tho....

:manyheart

Hello! I'm 20 min. south of Albany. I live in Columbia County.

HI Tabitha :) I go through there sometiems on my way back up to "Plassvegas" Platsburgh NY and Montreal.

Kasie, I'm your neighbor, living in Owego! Do we have a local crochet group that you're aware of?

Hi Ladies: I live in delaware county in a small town called Harpersfield..

I live 30 minutes from Oneonta NY that is where i always do my shopping and doctors etc..

So any one else that close... I'm the town before Stamford NY...

Maybe if there are some of us near maybe we can get together some time in Oneonta and send a day maybe even on the church i go to just so we can get together in the summer and meet... I can cook some puertorican dishes and some and others can bring a dish to pass as well and make it a nice day.

That sure would be loads of fun...

I'm in Chenango County, NY and I'd love to find some fellow crocheters and get together!!

Oh my goodness! Moomoo and Dawn, you folks are from my neck of the woods! I live in Oneonta, NY. It sounds like you all are on either side of Oneonta. It's so cool to meet others who are from nearby! So here's a big HELLO from me in the middle! :ducky

I just moved here about 1 1/2 years ago from the Syracuse area. It's funny, cause it seems like half of NY state doesn't even know where Oneonta is! When I started telling my Syracuse friends where I was moving, a lot of them had never even heard of Oneonta, and I either had to explain how it was halfway between Binghamton and Albany, or else tell them that it is near Copperstown. :D

Hi Lea:

Wow yes I go to oneonta at least once a week. I go there for sure on Sundays to church. I go to Oneonta Assembly of God.. May be you can visit some time and meet with me there..

I'm going to Oneonta tomorrow weds to doctors appt... Yeap for my chronic back pain..

I'd love to me some day and have days to crochet and be inspired by each other..

I will send you a private email now and maybe we can chat some more

Wow, we're not too far away at that. Oddly enough, it seems I get to Syracuse more often than Oneonta these days. Only because we've had to go to University Hospital for my husband, but I think that's done for a while. I wouldn't be opposed to taking a ride to Oneonta now and then. At least not after the weather gets a little warmer. It's good to meet you!

Hi Dawn:

I'd love for us to get together some time...

Say i'm only 30 mints from oneonta and well if you and I and lea can figure something out I'm willing to have you both come over to my home when the weather gets warmer and you both can even have lunch here with me and hubby/ I'm puerto rican so I can cook up some puerto rican dish for you gals and we can sit and crochet and even share what we love to crochet best..

So lets keep in touch it would be great.

Or we can all meet at Oneonta in the church i go to I can still bring lunch over and heat it over there and theres is a big fellowship room we can share there our love for crochet and things we make...

I'm really excited about this and I hope it can be done.