I am about 25 miles south of Rochester? Anyone else out here?|I

I have in-laws in the Syracuse area. I visited Rochester in December. I loved the Strong Museum AND the Land's End outlet store! :shop

I grew up in rural Schenectady County, but I've always been more of a city person. ;) Going to school and now living in Albany.

Aww, Shelby! I just graduated from Geneseo and moved to Phoenix!!! :( Would have LOVED to have a crochet neighbor! Enjoy the changing leaves for me. . . .

I'm in Rochester by the lake a little community called Charlotte. It's good to see there are people from around here where in webster I shop there alot

hi guys!! Where were you all 6 years ago???? We stayed in Rochester NY for 6 years before moving back to India! We stayed at HazelHurst Drive and then moved to Rustic Village and finally to Henrietta! I took my son to the montessori school at Irondequoit!! Loved the Senecca Zoo and the Spencerport farm!! I still have a friend in Ithaca and loved driving to her place!

Sigh!!! Rochester I miss you!

hugs

Vims

Waaa - I'm in upstate but not near Rochester - Isn't Rochester considered WNY? Just wondered. Anyway - if there is anyone in the Saratoga area maybe we could start a group here too - I know of one other person who was asking as ell in this area.

I didn't realize there were actually people not too far from me who crochet LOL I am outside of York.

Stacey

I live in Rustic Village now! (don't stalk me). LOL! Doesn't everyone live there at least once in their Rochester tenure? I think it's required.

Yeah, Rochester is more Western... but isn't anything outside Manhattan considered Upstate? LOL! I grew up in New Jersey, and we always just said, "Oh, they live Upstate..." when they lived in NY State, but not NYC.

I know better now, but it's a hard habit to break. LOL!

I'm coming to find that out - even Buffalo (where I grew up) is considered up state LOL

I live in Binghamton, which is about an hour south of Syracuse. ^.^

i lived in Porter Corners for about 3 months in 1998..during the summer. i totally loved it there, and wished i could have stayed to see some real snow. i worked in saratoga springs at the sear's in the mall, and remember Spa City Diner and a submarine (sandwich) shack off the highway/main road that was so popular you had a half hour wait everytime you went to get a sub. oh yeah Stewart's soda pops were pretty good...ha ha.

sure is alot different kind of life up there than NM, i wish i could go back...

HI Valerie - That would be ROMA's (The sub shop) The built a bigger building now :) But it still is quite the wait for a sub.

ROMA's?? dang, i thought id never remember the name of that place. even when i was up there i kept referring to it as "that sub shack"...new building huh?? i kind of liked the old school lean-to they had before...but god that place is good.

Yup a different sandwich place took over the "old Romas"

Hi all, I live in Rochester in Greece just on the edge of Charlotte. I moved here a year ago from Florida. My husband grew up here. I love it here.

Hi all, I live in Rochester in Greece just on the edge of Charlotte. I moved here a year ago from Florida. My husband grew up here. I love it here.

Hi neighbor I live in Charlotte just on the border of Greece where did your husband grow up?

My husband lived on Orchard Creek lane behind Annie's Apple's off Latta. Now we live in Spanish Gardens Apt.

you live right behind me, I live on stutson st by the parkway

you live right behind me, I live on stutson st by the parkway

Small world. We should get together sometime to say hi. :clap

I just found this thread! I am from Potsdam, near the Canadian border, but am living in Gouverneur now, 35 miles south! We are stationed at Fort Drum in Watertown!

I'm near Lake George. I would love to meet some people to crochet with.

Jen

Hi, all! I live east of Buffalo, in Lancaster. I'd love to find some crocheters and maybe start a group.