Who's a Jersey Girl or Guy?

lauravee

nj born and raised. i lived in passaic county for 22 years (hawthorne to be exact) and now im in bergen county in wyckoff for the past 2. if anyone can point me in the direction of the paramus ac moore i would appreciate it, or if anyone knows of any crochet groups

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

go south on route 208 then merge into route 4 east-go to forest avenue and make u turn- ac moore is in small shopping center with kohls and daffy dan's or tj maxx-opposite bergen mall-route 4 w

I lived in oakland for 25+ years-

sandi-knitting instructor and remi-crocheting instructor are great ppl

Hey ladies, I am in Bergen County too - in Tenafly. We should have a northern Jersey get together! I grew up in south Jersey - Camden County - and we still go down the shore every year (leaving for Cape May in just a few weeks) so I feel like I am a through and through Jersey Girl.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another from Bergen County(born and bred in Hackensack)! Most of the people I come in contact with knit(I'm a kids librarian, so I meet a lot of crafty moms!), and I've been hoping to find a few happy hookers around here!

Is anyone still thinking about a get-together for North Jersey crocheter's?

JPR, what night's are Remi's classes at the Paramus A.C. Moore? I keep missing them...maybe because I work Tues. nights?

Sussex county, northern NJ here! I have friends out in Nevada, and Louisianna that moved from Jersey, and there are 3 things they all ask for:

Taylor ham

Italian Sausage

PIZZA

I actually had a friend ask me to pkg. up 3lb frozen sausage and mail it to her, lol!

-Jamie

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer :cheer

Anyone going to the Garden State Sheep Breeders Festival in September?

http://www.quintillion.com/gssb/festival/index.html

I hope to go one or both days, as I really want to learn to use a drop spindle.

OMG !!! Yes- Yes! I want to go. I live in Hunterdon County where there are still many very rural - agricultural areas. I knew that was a "sub-culture" of spinners but never knew anything about their events. I actually know some of the people who will be showing livestock there.

I would like to take my 9 year old daughter. She is learning to knit, loves animals and talks about the process of spinning. She learned some of this from tv and from visiting this store near our home. She likes to look and the tools there. She's attracted tot he fibers.

If anyone really goes to the festival- let's hook up :hook

• 2 weeks later...

i was born and have always lived in new jersey. i was born in point pleasant, grew up in brick and now live in lacey. (all in ocean county) i did live in woodbridge for 2 year but came back south. trying to get to my fathers on the weekends with parkway traffic was a nightmare in the summer!

nadine

Hey Chris,

I'm just down the road from you, actually spend most of my day in Middlesex; since I'm going to Lincoln Tech in Edison or getting lost every morning on the way there as I try to avoid the Driscoll Bridge. Gah, you think it would flow better without northbound tolls! I've seen half the back roads of Middlesex County this week! And watch out for the construction on Oak Tree Road...I ruined a tire at New Hope Rd this week after visiting at Hartwyck.

Middlesex Co., here... Iselin (Wodbridge Twp.) to be exact. As for the construction on Oak Tree (For Kathy), don't even go there. That road has ate many a tire the last few months.. even I've beeb bitten. :/

Melissa

Hi Kathy,

We're just about neighbors! I know Oak Tree Road well, my son went to Bishop Ahr HS, and the kid's dentist is in that direction. I think anywhere you go in Middlesex County there is roadwork going on. I'm definitely thinking of keeping some crochet projects in the car with me for when I'm stuck in traffic or waiting for the police to let our lane go!!!!

I'll probably get all my Christmas gifts done!

Chris

Small world -- i used to live right around Oak Tree/New Dover Road... MANY years ago. Bet I wouldn't recognize it now!

You sure wouldn't. My son has been a patient at Hartwyck at Oak Tree since July, but 18 years ago my daughter went to speech therapy at the JFK center there then. It is SO different looking I actually didn't recognize it at first. And yes, 18 years ago there was road construction going on there too! Some things never change.

i was born and have always lived in new jersey. i was born in point pleasant, grew up in brick and now live in lacey. (all in ocean county) i did live in woodbridge for 2 year but came back south. trying to get to my fathers on the weekends with parkway traffic was a nightmare in the summer!

nadine

Nadine, I lived in Point Pleasant (Boro) for over 20 years!

Edited to add: All you local gals should check out the Knit and Crochet Event coming up in NYC:

http://nexblog.mycrochetblog.com/?p=96

• 2 months later...

i'm a gersey girl and i want to know if there is some kind of crocheting club or something around here, cuz i can't seem to get some things right on my own.:(

i'm a gersey girl and i want to know if there is some kind of crocheting club or something around here, cuz i can't seem to get some things right on my own.:(

I'm a Jersey gal...but up in Monmouth County (Aberdeen...exit 117 on GSP :P )

Hope you find someone you can touch...syberspace is only just so good:( ....

:hug

Archived