Germany Meetup?

jingles96

That sounds like a blast! I'll be in the states April 26-May 12 (and might be a little bit broke when I come back), but I betcha I can finegle the money outta hubby anyway rofl. He just fried *another* motherboard on his computer and had to order a replacement, and he's talking about building yet another computer.... so if he can do all that, I can have a yarn trip ;)

Anna:

There are yarn factory outlets in Germany! Talk about temptation.:eek I would definitely be interested in going to Hamburg. My time is pretty flexible, but the only time I can't go is on Memorial Day weekend (work commitments :( )

tracy

Hello! Any chance that you might let a Belgie join you? I still have mental scars from my last overnight train ride to Hamburg, :scared but I just might be willing to give it a try once again! Or I could always rent a car :drive ....ummm, the train is a better idea I think! :D

Tracy - okay! Woo hoo! Another person to join us. It probably won't be Memorial Day weekend. I'll let you know what I'm thinking about as I get an idea myself. ;)

Kimberly - Absolutely!! :D Feel free to join us! The more the merrier. :hug

• 1 month later...

Hi all! Any updates on a possible crocheters hook-up session in Germany? I'm just trying to find out if I need to mentally prepare myself for a train ride again! :lol

Also, if anyone can send me some links for some good German yarn shops / yarn factories, that would be great! I am planning on travelling more this summer, and hopefully getting to see more of the Benelux and German regions since I have ignored whats close to home in favor of other more "exotic" locations like Greece and Spain :-)

Hi Kimberly - I was actually thinking this morning about posting a message here about this. You just beat me too it. ;)

I think this weekend is probably too short of a notice, but how about next weekend? That would be the 22nd of May. Meet up Friday evening (the 21st) or early Saturday (the 22nd) in Hamburg? Sound good?

I'm definitely going then. Unless a lot of other people say the 29th would be better, then I'll go on the 29th.

So, what do you say? The 22nd? :hook

I'll investigate how far out this yarn factory is from the main of Hamburg. If it's too far, we may want to consider renting a car for the day. Roadtrip! I'll let you know what I find out. :)

Oh noooooo! I bought tickets to go see Mamma Mia next weekend! It is coming here to Brussels and I just could not resist the temptation to go see it again! So unless others are available to go the weekend of the 28th, I'll have to miss! :cry

• 2 weeks later...

gingerchai, kaml2000, MarvieN, pfirsch - I've pm'd you about the 28th and 29th for Hamburg. If any of you know yarnyviolet & eurolyons new names, invite them too! They don't seem to be on the new board under those names.

Archived