Do you crochet at work?

artemis

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, work is where I learned to crochet! I was the evening receptionist at a Real Estate company and the lady that worked with me always brought her crochet to work on when it was slow. I ended up asking her to teach me how one night...and now here I am.

If I bring my crochet into the office, I get too distracted by it and can't do my job. I'm the training manager now (read training department) for a specialized software package. I travel a LOT (almost 60% last year). I can't tell you how many times crocheting while waiting for a connecting flight or flying to CA from the east coast has saved my sanity. (I don't sit still well and 6-hour flights really push my tollerance.) I usually have my Game Boy with me as well, but that doesn't always keep me occupied. Now, I spend a lot of time with my ipod on and my hook in hand. (Oh, and as far as that comment way earlier about coal dust, I understand. My software is used by power plants, so no taking work to a coal-burner for sure!)

• 2 weeks later...

I sometimes take my crochet to work on during lunch. I am a forensic toxicologist. I am also a bit of a computer geek, so one coworker said it nice to see I do some "low tech" things as well, LOL! My much younger officemate's wife knits, and I when I told him I crochet, he said "You do not!". It took me a few minutes to convince that yes I do. I guess I don't fit his image of a "yarner"! I can't say that it relaxes me because my job isn't stressful (for which I am very grateful). The last lab I worked at was very stressful. I could have definitely used the relaxation there, but I only picked up a hook again recently.

marillion

I work at home, so yes I crochet at work...:yay. I do medical transcription from home. So, when I get really frustrated or just do not feel like working, I crochet or knit.

Hope

Shelbyville, KY

Remclave: M-A-M = Mile A Minute

I am the Accounts Receivable Administrator for the company I work for. I always have a bag with me.......if I get all of my work done, I will sit and crochet. It doesn't happen very often though......

I work as the Buyer and Production Coordinator for not one, but two companies (sister companies). I do take my crocheting, but only to do at lunch (I get an hour). I would say I crochet about 2-3 days a week at lunch. If I don't, then I am looking at Crochetville while eating lunch.

I don't ever ever bring out my crochet to even show anyone unless it is at lunch, would probably get fired.

I don't work anymore, but I used to. I did Data Entry for a large national (US - this was before we moved to the UK) insurance company. Obviously, I couldn't crochet at my desk - my fingers were too busy on my computer. But I used to do it on my breaks and lunches sometimes. Not all the time, but when it was a special project - like the baby blankets I made for my kids, or the ones for my sister's kids or my cousin's kids - then I would DEFINITELY bring it with me. It was a very repetitive job, and for some reason made me EXTREMELY tired at the end of the day. If I hadn't brought it to work with me there was no way it would have gotten done in time!!

Now that I'm a SAHM, I can work on it pretty much any time. Hubby's even gotten a laugh out of me standing in the corner of the living room with a project in my hands.

"Uhm.... Babe? What are you doing?"

"What's it LOOK like I'm doing?!"

"Okay, you're crocheting... but why are you STANDING there doing it? Why don't you SIT DOWN?"

"Because I just wanted to do one row."

:lol

He just doesn't get it.:hook

Archived