New Interweave Crochet

Sylviaf

I was in a yarn shop I don't visit very often today and it was in. (Gene Ann's in Barrington, for those who live in my area.) As usual, it is just wonderful. I wouldn't mind seeing a new one of these every month!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stopped by Barnes & Nobles twice this week, but it hasn't arrived here yet either. Oh, the agony of having to wait for what looks to be a pretty nice issue!! :thair Sneak peek is here in case anyone hasn't seen this yet.

I was bad, I ordered both issues (click on back issues and you will see a 2005 issue & Spring 2006 I ordered both) There is a link to pay for the Fall 2006 issue ($7.99 USD like all the other issues) but it causes multiple run time errors on my browser and I have to shut that page down) Evidently this is an annual publication). I bought both via PayPal. Check Yarn Ducks link in post 4 of this thread and it will bring you to IC's main page.

Jjenjen, the first few I got through the Interweave site on the net, but the last one I got at a local newsagency. So it might be worth asking about it at your local newsagent!!!!

Thanks Wendy , will go up first thing in the morning and see about it . I was thinking of ordering from the net but figured newsagents would be a first stop . :D

Just checked out the preview and have to say.......

WHAT?!?!?! UGH.. YUCK!!

I am SO not impressed with this one. I guess I'm to traditional. Did you see that corset belt? or the "waistcoat"?

Who wears stuff like that?

Actually I think I'll like this issue. Out of all that's out there, I have only bought one the last one. This one has a few nice sweaters/coats in it. Even the one hat is cute although I'll probably never make it.

I agree there's a couple things in it that I personally think are ugly which do include the corset belt and the waistcoat. But like with all magazines you have to take some bad with the good. ;)

I got mine at my LYS this week and I was really excited to see a variety of patterns. I really like it except for the wild retro long open duster thing...yikes.

But man-$8 is soooo expensive for a magazine when you can get books for $10. But hey, I agree that you do get quite a few patterns so obviously I'm not whining too much since I bought it!

I got mine last night at B&N. AC Moore told me that they didn't have it yet. I started a swatch for the Cinnabar Coat, to see how the stitch would look. It calls for working into a slip stitch, which had me curious, because slip stitches don't seem like they would be easy to work into. But the yarn called for is bulky and worked with a k hook, so slipping the hook into the sl st isn't as tough as it sounds.

I'm pretty happy with the mag. I really enjoyed the editorial by Kim Werker (of Crochetme) in the back. I completed the survey at Interweave's crochet page and commented that I would subscribe if they offered it.

Just checked out the preview and have to say.......

I am SO not impressed with this one. I guess I'm to traditional. Did you see that corset belt? or the "waistcoat"?

Oh I am so totally with you on the Corset Belt. However in all fairness I must say they have it backwards and it will take A LOT of yarn to make that thing do anything for me. :lol (Yes, I know it is for fashion and not for binding ones tummy.) I am not fat however I am not skinny either and that would make me look HUGH! :eek I guess it is a style for very slender, ladies.

This issue is much better than the premiere issue of Crochet Today-

i purchased it at stix and sttitches in montclair-one of my favorite lys

there is no comparison of this magazine to others-it helps in giving crochet a better image

I am planning on doing the woodstock duster, and if I can figure out how to make the waistcoat a big larger (for my big chest) I may make that one too. I have foudn that the more I look at this magazine and the earlier editions the more stuff I find that I love

Archived