I'm in IL,

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy yall. I was born in Centralia and two of my kids were born in Sandwich, another one in Mt. Vernon, and the last one in Greenville! I lived in Rochelle for YEARS (or around Rochelle and Mendota). I would go to Aunt Mary's at least once a year and buy no less than $100 of yarn. In other words, my car was full, lol. I literally cried when I got the email that Aunt Mary's closed when they retired.

I now live in Freeport. I don't have a car but my son occasionally has the time to let me use his car. We do have Verna's Yarn Shoppe that I have never been to yet. I'm not fond of wool since I am one that can't wear it. So yarn shops like that don't make much sense to me.

For Christmas, my fiance and I were in Joanne's here in Freeport. What a silly place to ask a yas person what they want for Christmas, :hook. I did very good, I got two of the 11 oz skeins of boucle they had there.

I get so frustrated with the lack of decent, affordable yarns and do most of my shopping on ebay these days.

Bonnie

• 2 weeks later...

Wow at one time I have lived near several of you. Not any more tho. I was born in Racine Wis. Move to Chicago, graduated from Kelly High School. Moved to Morton Il down near Peoria. Lived in Worth Il and moved here from Bolingbrook near Naperville. Now I am in S. Ga but fly into Midway airport when I can get back there. Small world huh?

I really miss all the good food back in Illinois. Anyone remember Chesdans Pizza near 47th and Archer? I don't even like hot dogs but I remember those venders on the corners and for some reason those hot dogs were so good. then there was a little shack that had the most wonderful tacos on Western Ave. right off Fullerton. Then Russells Bar B Q on I think Thornton just off North Ave. Oh man I am getting hungry.

I really miss all the good food back in Illinois. Anyone remember Chesdans Pizza near 47th and Archer? I don't even like hot dogs but I remember those venders on the corners and for some reason those hot dogs were so good. then there was a little shack that had the most wonderful tacos on Western Ave. right off Fullerton. Then Russells Bar B Q on I think Thornton just off North Ave. Oh man I am getting hungry.

I havent been to Russel in ages but my kids go there I loved the BBQ pork Sandwiches. How about Jean & Judes at Grand and River Road. I never go into the city so I do not know the other places you mentioned. I know when people come back home. There are 3 place they always go and eat the 2 I mentioned and Armonds Pizza in Elmwood Park on Grand Ave.

Hello to Finnbar and Halfpintwatts.

I'm in Crystal Lake too.

It's surprising who's here at the 'Ville.

:manyheart

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am near the Great Lakes Naval Base....near Waukegan and the WI border. Send me a message if you're close and want to meet up for coffee and a stitch fest. I just moved here from Virginia, and have no friends here as of yet. This place is much different than what I am used to.

It'd be nice to have a friend. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey, I'm in Lebanon and work in Swansea, for those of you in this area...sounds like there are more in this region than I thought!

I live in Belleville and went to college at McKendree! I think downtown Lebanon would be perfect for a cute and cozy LYS. :)

• 2 months later...

I am in Belleville, IL (St. Clair County) it is near St. Louis, MO and would love to meet up with other local crocheters. pm me :-)

• 2 months later...