lkirsch

Well, I did not see Ohio mentioned

Oh and Welcome Jane, I see your a new neighbor:yay super happy to have you

The City of Springfield is in southwest Ohio, about halfway between Dayton and Columbus. It's home to Wittenberg University, if you've ever heard of us. :)

I grew up in Ohio, about 15-20 min. SW of Lima. Went to college just north of Lima, but now I'm living in Colorado. Call me crazy, but I actually miss the area!

I am in central Ohio . East of Columbus. I am just starting to crochet and would love to take some lessons from an expert.

Vgirl

I am in central Ohio . East of Columbus. I am just starting to crochet and would love to take some lessons from an expert.

Vgirl

Hi Vgirl....maybe we're not to far apart? Been at it awhile, might be able to help you. PM if you want to explore that possibility.:waving

As I looked through this post I came up with the following:

Kusine

GrannyJ3

pbnj

Hounddog

Jane E

Vgirl

All listed Columbus....I recently planned a get together for Ohioans from another on line group I'm active in and it was really fun. We got together for lunch. Anyone interested in doing that. Finding a place for lunch and stitching?

PM if you are and we'll go from there.:hug

I'm from Youngstown also. Hi there!:clap

I'm from Youngstown also. Hi there!:clap

Hey there...howdy, think I saw quite a few from Youngstown and area. You could make contact with all in the area.

I'm originally from Salem but now I live in Akron (but am temporarily in Phoenix). Did I see another Salem-ite out there?

I am from Ohio also but I am in south eastern Ohio. Down aorund Zanesville. But It's nice to know there are others from my state here.

Hi Ohioans! I'm from Dayton. Kettering to be more specific. I think the Springfield people are the closest to me. Good to see ya here!

I just now read all the past posts from the people in Ohio. (Springfield, Cuyahoga Falls, Youngstown, Akron, Columbus, Cincinnati, Fairborn,etc) But so far, Lisa in Kettering, you are the closest to me, I think. I live in Beavercreek. (4 miles from Wright Patterson Ait Force Base, near Fairfield Commons Mall) So that means you are 5-10 minutes from me. To those who don't know, Beavercreek is a suburb of Dayton too. My son lives in Cuyahoga Falls, going to the University of Akron. Also, to those of you who mentioned Cleveland, we lived in Ashtabula for 10 years, where my husband is from. And 2 of my 3 children were born in Conneaut, which is 25 miles from Erie, Pa. I noticed someone from there. Lisa, we have a CGOA meeting the first Monday of every month if you are interested in coming sometime. It's at the Lohrey center off of Smithville. Would love to meet you. Maybe you've been to the meeting before? I've only been going for about 8 months.

Mary Jane

http://www.mjcrochet.com

Mary Jane,

That is so cool that we live so close! I'm in the mall area atleast once a week and I could walk to Lohrey if I wanted to! I've never been to a CGOA meeting but I'd love to go! I didn't know there was anything like that in this area. I'd love to meet you too!

Well i'm from Cadiz, Ohio which seems to be a good piece away from just about everyone. It's a little ways from the river near the WV panhandle

I live in Dayton. Well, actually Trotwood, but still.

Funny, but there's also like three Oakwoods in Ohio too. I wonder how they got away with naming things twice.

Wow! This is so exciting to see all the Ohio crocheters. I live in Logan, about 50 miles southeast of Columbus. If you Columbus crocheters get together, I'd love to join you. We run to Columbus all the time for yarn and yarn-related events!

Lisa, you really should try to come to our next CGOA meeting! It will be Monday night Oct 2, from 7:00-9:00 p.m. (at the Lohrey Center-Dayton) Have you ever done any pattern testing? I am doing a book with Krause Publishing and I could use more testers. I have several people testing for me right now, but have many more things. My manuscript is due in Jan. and I have lots of easy-intermediate patterns that need to be tested by Dec. If you are interested, I can talk to you at the meeting! I hope you can come :)

For more information go to the CGOA website and look up Guild's in Ohio. Our website should be on there. I think the website is Greater Dayton CGOA. Hope to see you! Mary Jane

Mary Jane,

Yes I would like to go and I am also interested in testing for you. I'm looking forward to meeting you!

Lisa

Hi Lisa and Adryeen,

I really hope to see you both at the Oct 2 meeting! Do you know of anyone else who lives in or near Dayton who might be able to come? Below is the website for the Dayton CGOA with our info. We do different things every month. Sometimes we have a "stitch in", and we just work on our own projects. Other times we learn new stitches or techniques, and sometimes we have speakers. I did a talk on "How To Get Published" and "Designing Tips" once. We also have a Christmas in July with gifts, games, door prizes and food which was really fun. We've been working on squares for afghans for project linus, and right now we're talking about making soft hats for the chemo patients. My closest friend works for Hospice and requested that. Since I'm busy working on designs for my book, I haven't been doing the projects but I donated yarn. They all understand and don't mind if I work on my designs instead of those things. We have people of all ages come. (sometimes 8-12 people) Hope to see you both! Bring friends too! Mary Jane

http://www.daytoncrochet.bravehost.com/

Hey Buckeyes!! If you all get together, please please please let me know!! I'm on the north side, between Worthington and Dublin, just south of Powell. I would absolutely love to join y'all! None of my friends crochet, nor are they very interested in doing so. I'd love to get together and "spin some yarn" (as opposed to 'chew the fat') with other 'hookers'!! Is there a group already together? If not, I'd love to help something get organized...I know of a coffee shop or two, where we could all meet!

Hi everyone. It's nice to see a lot of people from Ohio. I live in the Northeastern part, about 45 minutes or so east of Cleveland. It would be nice to get together with some other local crocheters sometime.

:wgrin

Hi! I live in Findlay, Ohio.......a little south of Toledo in case you didn't know ;) It's nice to know so many people from ohio are here :clap

I would love to be part of or start a crocheting group in my area since there doesn't seem to be any groups at the moment.

and might i add that i wish i were closer to columbus since everyone seems to be from there :D

I just had to jump in here. I've been wanting to join a crocheting group for a long time but none seem to be around. I live in Uniontown which is between Akron and Canton. It sure would be fun to meet some of my fellow CV'ers and have a crochet night! ~ Cindy

Wow, I didn't know this was here!

I am from Cleveland, west side. Seems like everyone around here is more east side.

Nice to see Ohio faces though. I am jealous of you Dayton area folks and the pattern testing group!