Well, I did not see Ohio mentioned

lkirsch

I am from the Akron area as well. I live in Bath, Ohio to be more specific. It would be great to get an Akron area crochet club started.

Kim

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this forum. My name is Andrea. I'm from Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, which is south of Cleveland, and neighbors Akron. :cheer

I haven't picked up a crochet hook in a few years so I'm a wee bit rusty! :hook

Crochetville looks like a great place to start, and I'm looking forward to poppin' in now and then.

Have a great day!

Andrea :manyheart

I live in the country outside Coshocton, Ohio. There are alot of hookers in Ohio.

I am teaching 4 people the afghan stitch on my luch break at work. These are hookers in training? They get confused on the sttch and i tell them my 8 year old Grand daughter can do it.:cheer never give up!:cheer

Lovely company that lets us hook on our break, isn't it?

Lorry

Hi. Tammy here in Canton Ohio. I am glad to see many others close to me! I am looking for help making hats for children for my local shelter. I have tried for two years to get help from my church without much success. If anyone is interested please let me know!!!!! This organization helps at least 500 kids every year. They have a program called Gospel Gus which runs almost year round and then they have a huge party for Christmas.

I think it would be wonderful to get a group started for the area to meet and crochet together maybe once a month or more often. I am not good at organizing. So if anyone would like to take on this project I am sure there would be a great response.

Glad to see you all here in corchetville!!!!

Tammy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i live in the colerain area of cinci. i've been in cinci a little over 3 years now. my dh is from the westside (delhi). i started crocheting about 8 years ago. would like to join a club or something, but my job and family keep me pretty busy!

I hadn't noticed this thread or I'd have written sooner! I live outside of Portsmouth, OH. Head due south from Columbus until you run into the Ohio river and you're here! LOL! When I was a little girl we lived in Westerville (just outside of Columbus,) then we moved here for a while (My Grandparents always lived here.) and when I was a teenager we (too!) lived in Strasburg, just south of Canton- that's where I graduated High School from! Eventually I wound up back in the Portsmouth area. I love to crochet and do a little gardening and running a "Home for Wayward Kitties." LOL (Not really, but we do have a houseful and all but the eldest two are rescues.)

It's especially nice to meet you all!

Katie:hook :ghug

Hello from Columbus to all you Buckeyes. It is good to see some fellow crocheters from the area and spread out a little. I've lived here since 1972 moved from Indianapolis. I'm a Colts and a Bengals fan which can be rough. I love to crochet and have gone crazy with making Christmas gifts this year but it keeps me out of trouble.LOL

Hey fellow Buckeyes! I lived in Brooklyn (near Cleveland) until I was 12. Lived for 18 years in Anchorage, Alaska and am now finally back in Ohio. I'm in the Medina area now. :)

I know Brooklyn ! and Medina! small world I'm 30 minutes south of Brooklyn little less than that from Medina.

I live in Ashland...a little further north than that. I don't believe I've ever heard of Ashley but I've been to Delaware before :)

Becky

hazelnutlatte.com

I live in Willoughby now (almost on top of Lake Erie), but I'm from Ashland originally. It isn't like no one crochets in Ashland but wow, wasn't expecting to see the town mentioned.

Tammy can you tell us more about the hat thing? When you say you've tried to get help from your church, you mean to get people to crochet with you and make hats or other help? I'm interested in hows, when, where's of it all.

• 3 weeks later...

About that Springfield question.... I don't think there are 2... I live in NC now but grew up and went to college in Springfield( my mom is still there).....I have relatives in wooster and Painesville and neither have mentioned a springfield up that way

hello Kim! I just join this fourm 2 hours ago, : ) If you get a "club" going let me know. I have lived in Akron for 12 yrs. but will always be a country gal!! ( Lisbon, Ohio

• 1 month later...
I am in Columbus, Ohio as I notice several others are- I'm just north of OSU.

If you are looking for a project this month the Worthington Library is hosting a Warm Up America afghan project to end 2/27. They would be happy to have more crocheters (and knitters) Jane

:hook Got a hook, and I too am north of OSU. Hi Jane can you give me more info. I think I also know someone else who'd be happy to join the cause their at the library.

Archived