Mile a minute afghans?

I saw the thread about the finished one someone did, and I have always wondered. What is the Mile-a-Minute afghan all about? I guess I haven't really looked at a pattern closely, but do you make the long strips in the round and then sew them together? Or?

You've pretty much summed it all up....strips then work in the round - but some MAMs you join as you go....definitely a PLUS for me!

The MAM I am just finishing really wasn't all THAT much faster - it all depends on how the rounds are...mine had two with sc and it was maddeningly slow!

I've made a bunch of Mile-a-Millenium, er, Minute afghans and I love the portability of them. I only do ones where I can crochet the strips together because I HATE whipstitching with a white-hot passion.

If you crochet strips in public, every so often some smart-alecky person will approach and ask, "What's that, an afghan for a snake?" :P

I never found mile a minute terribly fast. (or any faster than squares would be)

But then I don't like long runs of anything. I like my squares because I always feel that I am progressing when a Round is completed.

I think Zazzu has it right -- it's Mile-a-Millenium for me, too! :lol

I've been working on one for YEARS (no lie) and while I do love the pattern, there's only so much of that around and around and around I can do on it before I'm :yawn .

Susan

I have done one in scraps for a lady in Mexico. She loved it and I did too. it was VERY colorful. I have a second one started in Red white and blue for my dad that I really really need to finish I like them when I need a sq break

I've made on mile-a-minute afghan, a baby one, it turned out beautiful, but it took for flippin' ever for me. In fact the baby who was to get it, never got it, someone else did a year or so later.

craftygirl2 have you tried http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/, it's just a fantasy of patterns for all things crochet.

I've fallen in love with MaM afghans all of a sudden. A few years ago I was like "I'll never make one of those." but now it seems to be all I want to do. Currently working on one for my finace and my grandmother. The one I've been using is actually really easy and really quick cause it only has two parts, up the middle then around the strip once. I can make three a day, probably more if I tried. My fav one's on CPC though are Lemonaid Skies, Make it Quick and the second Vintage Lace.

Archived