Flag Bags

Becks

th_911016.jpg

Since finishing my 911 square, I had a lot of red, white, and blue yarn left over. So I made some bags using graphs of flags, making two, and putting them together. (Images are clickable for enlargement).

th_911010.jpg

I started with the Canadian flag. It was the smallest graph and, so, was the easiest to stitch. All of them are done using a cabled afghan hook. Size J.

th_911009.jpg

These white plastic stars come 48 to a pack. So I had to buy three packs. But they were so cheap I didn't care. They were perfect for this bag.

th_911006.jpg

This was the largest and most difficult to do. And I do sincerely apologize to all the Brits out there as I now realize the upper right red diagonal stripe should be moved over two stitches, (and the lower left red diagonal as well). I am so sorry. I discovered this too late to fix it. I did change the graph I used to make this project to reflect this change.

I still love this bag though. It's large size will hold lots of yarn or a big project.

Also, I made a bag out of my 911 square. The back has this U.S. Betsy Ross flag on it.

th_911013.jpgth_911014.jpg

There are lots more pictures of these in my blog if you're interested. The link is below here in my signature.

Those are seriously cool! I have been looking to do a Costa Rica flag bag for awhile, but with all my other WIPs and crazy schedule, just havent gotten around to it. Great job though :2magic

that's so cool! i wanna do one with the puerto rican flag for my future SIL my fiance's family is always looking for stuff with the flag on it, and it's kind of difficult to find puerto rico merchandise here in MI

Just wondering what part of michigan you are in...Grand Rapids is swarming with we of hispanic decent and PR and Mexico are probably the most visible flags around...I PMed you, too, to offer my services!:)

what a novel idea! they'd be great to make as gifts in exchanges (do one of the nationality of your giftee) Your's are simply stunning, and your 9/11 is really nice

Those are amazing I love how they are all different sizes. I might have to make all three for fun Christmas presents. They cover the diversity within my family!!

Would be willing to share your charts??

Cheryl

Oh, absolutely! I want to set up a page with them on it and keep adding purse-sized flag charts.

Some flags really don't need to be charted if they are simply stripes, (horizontal or vertical).

I've been thinking how to do Australia. :think I guess they'd need to use the entire bag, (both front and back), for only one flag as a whole. (Sort of wrapped around.) Very difficult as the Union Jack, (is that what it's still called if it's on the Austrailian flag?), pattern would then need to be re-sized by half (hard, but not impossible), and positioned in the upper left side. (Really the top half of one side). The rest of the bag would be blue. Then crocheted stars of the proper sizes made and then sewn on top. This one would really take some concentration! :lol I wonder how large it would turn out to be.

The Canadian chart was the only chart I didn't make myself. I found it here...http://www.planetshoup.com/easy/holiday/canchrt1.shtml

It's just the perfect size for a cute bag.

I'm so glad you-all like them. :yay

• 7 months later...

Archived