Can Anybody Help Me?

I think I posted something like this here already... (Maybe my mind is going, I don't know...) :think Anyway. I want to make a wedding present for my brother and his wife, but: 1. They didn't register anywhere (so I have NO idea what color schemes/style they have for their house), 2. They have tons of money and don't really 'need' anything anyway... (But I would still like to make them something.....) :sigh

Oh, I did buy them a wedding photo album, it's a 8x10 'frame', and then you open it and it's an album. I am sending the gift reciept 'in case', (it was expensive)....

The only other idea I have is a table runner I found in one of my books, that I think even a guy would use...

Anyone else have any suggestions? (I'll have to ship it, too...)

Thanks in advance! :hug

Tina

Depending on how quickly you crochet and how much time you have, I was thinking of going all out and doing a beautiful Full Dining Set like this:

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/Colonialstar.html

I admit that I am partial to a beautiful table so I get a little crazy with this stuff. :)

What are they into as far as hobby's. Nature? Nature blanket, Outdoor events you could make blankets for their laps ect. Have fun with it. Even do a hat set (Ball and Chain comes to mind) or something special for each of them seperate. You don't always have to follow the wedding theme.

How about matching couch afghans in ecru, which will match anything?

Or crochet edgings on guest towels in various colors so they can rotate for the days of the week? Accent pillows for the bedroom in neutrals? A filet hanging with their wedding date and their names? Just a few thoughts.

Ooo! Thank you everyone! Well let's see as far as hobbies, my brother is an artist. (He draws pictures, also does some painting...) His wife I don't know if she is into any hobbies at all. She nannies for a living. They dote on their Boston Terrier, who is like a son to them.

I might go with an ecru afghan, that seems like it might work. And the table runner idea, too.

They got married this summer, so don't I still have a year to get something to them? (Thank goodness for that 'rule'...) :lol

Thank you everyone! :hug

Tina

Here is another idea. If you can get a picture of their boston terrier, make a small graph of it and make a lapgahn with the picture.

You can go here and make a small to x-large graph

http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/

You say they dote on the dog, so they might like this.:hook

:lol I think they would love that, Mary Jo! I am not very good at graphs at all, though. :( Thank you for the idea, though. I wish I could do afghans like you do! :hook

Tina

Here is another idea. If you can get a picture of their boston terrier, make a small graph of it and make a lapgahn with the picture.

You can go here and make a small to x-large graph

http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/

You say they dote on the dog, so they might like this.:hook

tina, might have a pattern for one, its a older one in one of my crochet mags, can you do any graph patterns? this one is super easy although i think that you could probably do the ones mary jo told ya about.try it and see, who knows maybe you will be a a expert before long:manyheart :manyheart

Mom, you should practice a little with the color changing. Do a few swatches and then you'll get the hang of it. It's really easy. The difficulty in changing colors is really how it slows you down to switch yarns. The mechanics of it is really simple.

When I saw the title of your thread, I thought of a pattern I saw in a book last night at B&N of a thread crochet picture frame. The ecru afghan sounds nice! I'm sure what ever you make will be lovely!

You know the more I think about it, the more the idea of the graph afghan with Echo's (that's the Boston Terrier's name) picture on it sounds good... Kind of like, 'What do you get the couple who has everything?' 'An afghan with their dogs' picture on it!' :lol I think I might try it. But... I am going to make a table runner for their wedding present first. (In case the afghan takes me too long...) :blush Here is a picture of the one I was thinking about doing (are we allowed to post pictures of copyrighted patterns?) :think

th_Picture1077.jpg

What do you think?

Tina

I was in a similar situation with my sister, who was married at the beginning of July. She is very picky about her tastes, and I ended up simply talking to her and BIL and telling them that I wanted to make something for their home, but that I wanted their input to make sure they got maximum enjoyment of it. I felt a little bad not being able to "surprise" them, but they were both very happy with the way I handled it.

Tina, that table runner is neat looking and I am sure they will get a lot of use out of it.

By the way, if you decide to do the graph and you need some help, I am only a pm away.

Can't wait to see the finished table runner.:hook

Another idea if you do embroidery is to embroider some nice pillow cases and do a crocheted edging.

I got those as a wedding present years ago and thought it was a very special gift. I even received nice feather pillows inside the cases. Since then, I've done this for wedding presents myself. People really enjoy them.

I've also done the name doilies and framed them as gifts as well.

Just a thought!:D

Archived