Autumn Leaves Square one

CrochetinClara

235116664_579f6d55d1_m.jpg

Here is my very first square using the afghan stitch. I had a heck of a time starting out, only because I was missing a stitch! I had pulled it out twice! The first time I had just made it to the stem, and saw it was looking goofy. The second time...I was half way through the leaf!

I got the pattern at www.e-patternsCentral.com , it's called Autumn Leaves...and it cost me only 99 cents! I still have to stitch in the vein on the leaf, but I am waiting till I have a few more done. The pattern calls for a black background, but I went for a dark brown, and I changed the colors I am going to use for the leaves as well. Oh, and I changed the border too!

Just wanted to share, seeing all the posts of others who have made wonderful items using that stitch...I had to try it. And yes...I am HOOKED! :hook

Update Nov. 4:

OK, this seems to be taking me forever to get done..lol...here is what I have done(only 4 more to do!)

288528270_eb547f0783_t.jpg

I have a bigger pic at my blog.

That's a beautiful square, Clara! I especially like the coloured border; it really sets off the square. What are you going to make with your squares?

I don't want to sound like a sourpuss and spoil your happy thread. . . but be sure to keep your printed copy of the instructions. Did you know that all the e-patternsCentral patterns are crippled so that you can only ever make two printouts? After that you can view it on your computer, but not print. They do *not* make this clear before buying and I will never buy another pattern from them because of it.

Anyway, sorry to bring up that peeve here . . . your square is so bright and cheerful! And it was your first attempt at Tunisian. Fantastic job!

Smiles,

That's a beautiful square, Clara! I especially like the coloured border; it really sets off the square. What are you going to make with your squares?

I don't want to sound like a sourpuss and spoil your happy thread. . . but be sure to keep your printed copy of the instructions. Did you know that all the e-patternsCentral patterns are crippled so that you can only ever make two printouts? After that you can view it on your computer, but not print. They do *not* make this clear before buying and I will never buy another pattern from them because of it.

Anyway, sorry to bring up that peeve here . . . your square is so bright and cheerful! And it was your first attempt at Tunisian. Fantastic job!

Smiles,

AHHHHH! I didn't know that! I printed both the patterns off(once each) and gave my neighbor the butterfly one. I do have a file set up in my computer stand that has all my patterns, but if anything would get on it and oh...thanx for telling me!!!

And thank you everyone for looking and for all ur kind words!!:hook

Hi crochet claria,, Love your fall block...I ,love the colors you crocheted with.. I do the afghan stich too but I have never cross stitched on top of it yet. Did you use the 1 afghan hook or the double afghan hook? I have done both.

I used one hook, I don't think I am ready for anything 'double'...lol.

That one square alone is so pretty, that the entire afghan is going to be breathtaking! I can't wait to see it finished! And thanks for the heads up about e -pattern central! I was going to join, but forget about that now! There are plenty of other wonderful patterns at countless other sites! Keep us posted on that lovely 'ghan you are making!

AHHHHH! I didn't know that! I printed both the patterns off(once each) and gave my neighbor the butterfly one. I do have a file set up in my computer stand that has all my patterns, but if anything would get on it and oh...thanx for telling me!!!

You're welcome, Clara! I bought 6 patterns before I found out! I was really cross. . . I appreciate designers and publishers have to protect their copyright, but IMO this is very unfair. I feel that if I've bought a pattern, whether it cost 99 cents or not, I should be able to print it (for personal use, of course) as many times as I want! E-patterns make a selling point of how the pattern "never expires" because it's on your 'puter, but don't mention the printing restrictions. Who's going to want to have to sit at their computer to make an afghan? :rant

It's not as if this crippling even works! The restrictions might block electronic "sharing" but there's nothing to stop someone making 20 or a zillion photocopies of the instructions and passing them around. So you could make a copy of your printout as a backup in case something happens to the first one, but then you've got the inconvenience of having to store more paper instead of just printing the pattern when you need it.

If anyone wants to check this out, or check how many "lives" you've got left: with the pattern open in Adobe Reader, click on the Document menu then point to Security, and on the fly-out that appears to Show Security Settings for this Document. Click the Show Details button and you'll see a window telling you how many pages in total you're allowed to print (if it's a two-page pattern it would say 4 pages, for example) and how many you've got "available".

Rant over!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's done! It's done! YAY :clap

I finished it last saturday, and just got the pics on here. I like it, my hubby has claimed it! He said " Well, it could be longer, but it will do." I laughed and told him " Wait a minute, that is MY afghan!" He said he'll share!

314136781_1b5c7ff621_m.jpg

It's on my queen bed, but it is laying widith wise, it fits a twin bed nice!

Thanx for looking!

Archived