i need help with my blog

woolandflax

I have a button but I don't know how to link my blog to it or where in the html code of the page template to paste it. I also have to link back to the button generator site and don't know where to paste the code for that either? Here's the link to my blog: woolandflax.blogspot.com/ Thanks for any help, I'm totally new to html and blogging. :))

If you scroll through the template until you see an area that says "sidebar" or something similar, that is where you want to place the html code for your buttons and links. The best part about blogger is that you can preview. :fc If you place it somewhere and you don't like where it shows up, you can cut and paste it again until you find just that right spot. :bounce

I hope this helps you out a bit. :):hug

When I was new to all of this blogging/html stuff, I found endless information and help at this site. It's meant for kids... but it explains everything so you can understand it.

Another trick that I use... I find a blog that I like the set up of... then right click/view source... and study what they have done. You can even copy the template to your Notepad on your computer.. to study it further. (I would not suggest copying someone's template unless you have their permission!)

I hope this helps.

Sorry,

I tried to post examples of code you want to use to get a button on your blog but the ezpost caught me.

I seconded what Deb suggested - look at the source code of a blog. If you save it like she mentioned, you can refer back to it and see what code produced the outcome you want. For buttons, look for some code with "Begin #sidebar" in it about 1/3 to 1/2 way down your template and you can put the same code someone used on their site and substitute your info for website link and photo location into theirs.

If you have more questions, let me know.

Jenn

Jenn, you can post HTML, just not HTML comments. (See here and here for explanations. Ezboard does not allow HTML comments on any of it's boards.) For those who are curious, and don't know what HTML comments are, there's a simple explanation here.

Rebecca, did you get it figured out?

Archived