Salt and Pepper Handicrafter

Hi all,

I buy lots of Handicrafter yarn for my KAL Y group and at one time I picked up a large skein of the Salt and Pepper thinking that it would do for making men's projects etc. I did make a goodly sized (man-sized) washcloth with it and no one will take it. (stop laughing back there in the corner- I heard that.

IMHO this is the ugliest string ever created :eek(It is too ugly to be called yarn and it's cotton anyway).

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really,don't even like to work with it.

I tried starting a cottony summer hat - way too ugly for that and the black (painted on) and white does not form what could be a cute cow look - nor even a polka dot thingy - just ....

I then tried to make another manly wash cloth and the feel of it drove me crazy.

Ok, grouching over but I was just trying to show that I really did try to do something with this.

My question is what to do with this stuff?

I know some young women creating hope chest items and they might be coerced into using this but one look will likely turn them off.

My second plan is to toss this puppy and colour it done!

This stuff is giving me a bad feeling about all cotton and I have a whole year of KAL's to lead using cotton ...sigh...

dog toy; crochet a rectangle make a roll, tie a knot in each end, and you have a chew toy. cat toy; crochet a ball, fill with fiber fill and perhaps a bell; grocery tote ; twoo granny squares with handles.....bigger grannies and you have a laundry tote, good luck in using it up, or it could haunt you forever lol

Hi hook junky, You're in Ontario so we could do this thing.

PM me and we can work it out.

BTW, I also use a lot of Handcrafter; it's just this one that is the problem.

I answered this before but it didn't post ...senior moment ::)

Archived