Ahhh, Frustrated!

UGH! I'm crocheting a small purse and I'm using a graph...I'm just learning to carry the colors and I have to admit, it's a bit frustrating! It's taken me an hour to sc 3 rows and now I have counted wrong somewhere! I have to pull it out and start over :thair! I am laughing now that I am typing this! LOL :lol

Anyone have any tips for using a graph?!?

I need a hug, LOLl :ghug

I have a decent weight card (bookmark) that I use to keep my row straight. I use a paper clip on either side of the page to keep the card in place and have the current row aligned along the straight edge. it is the only way I can see where I am. Of course I then have to remember if I am coming or going but that is a whole other post.

I just finished a filet chart (using WW for a lapghan centre) and even though it was only 36 blocks, I got lost without my straight-edge underliner.

Also remember you're alternating which way you're reading the pattern if you're using single crochet so sometimes I put arrows next to the rows so I remember.

Yep, that's what I meant by "coming or going". :lol

The arrows would be a good idea... or at least something to show which way to start.

The one I just did was almost symetrical so I got caught going the wrong way all of a sudden. it was also only 37 blocks so counting wasn't a challenge but my next one could be iffy if I get off track. Thanks for the tip.:hug

What I do is make an extra copy of the graph and cross out the row I have just finished. For me this makes it easier to see where I am and what I have done. I have one for the color reference and one to make sure I am at the right spot.

Yes, also make sure that you are reading from left to right making all odd rows starting on the left side of the graph.

Hope this helps.:hook

• 4 weeks later...

Archived