Isn't this the same person Ebay shut down?

eBay gives them several warnings first and they depend on eBayers such as you to let them know. So it's up to us to alert them to the continuance of these illegal sales.

eBay gives them several warnings first and they depend on eBayers such as you to let them know. So it's up to us to alert them to the continuance of these illegal sales.

yes, but she's not selling on ebay now. :no

If you look at the WHOIS data for the bharatbhasha.com URL, you will see that it is hosted by a company called AwareINDIA, www.awareindia.com.

They may or not be willing to do anything about this situation, but they do have a web page on which you can contact them via email form to report problems:

http://www.awareindia.com/contact.php

I don't like this any more than the other posters, but I have to point out, if they really are vintage patterns that are no longer copyright, there is nothing illegal about selling them. Those of us who are constantly scouring the net for patterns might feel it's unethical to sell designs we can get free, but that's another argument.

From the picture this looks to be one of those Goldsky Media compilations. This company puts the CD together and sells it with "resell rights" to people like this seller, who in turn offer it with resell rights to their customers in an ever-increasing snowball :( IMO these companies are the real villains. Some of Goldsky's compilations have turned out to include copyrighted patterns; there was a lot about it on the Girl from Auntie blog recently when a UK reseller was found to be offering one of these on Ebay.

From the picture this looks to be one of those Goldsky Media compilations. This company puts the CD together and sells it with "resell rights" to people like this seller, who in turn offer it with resell rights to their customers in an ever-increasing snowball :( IMO these companies are the real villains. Some of Goldsky's compilations have turned out to include copyrighted patterns; there was a lot about it on the Girl from Auntie blog recently when a UK reseller was found to be offering one of these on Ebay.

I did a search on this pattern grouping before, because I had seen them free. The reason I saw them free is because it is up to each person that buys the patterns whether to charge (and resell them) or just put them on their website. Some people choose to resell them, others offer them free. I am not sure where they get their patterns and if they all are true vintage and out of copyright, but unless you want to research each and every pattern, I would assume they are okay. If you want to see the patterns offered, here is someone offering the patterns for free.

20 Vintage Crochet Patterns

I have several comments about this. some of them are conflicting so please forgive me if I sound like I am rambling.

Some people don't have the time to scour the net for those patterns for free so they would just rather buy them. Personally, I don't want to pay for any patterns if I can find them legal and for free.

but on the other hand, I bought a couple of books with recipes to fit into quart jars. They looked really neat. Then when I saw something on ebay that had some gift basket ideas and recipes, I bought those too. Imagine my surprise when I saw all the same recipes from the books in the ebay thing. I bet that the person bought the books herself and just typed the recipes into the computer. I wish that there was something that I could do about it but I doubt that it would do any good.

Archived