I think I finally dug myself out of my rut!

For the past many months(since last winter, really), I had been totally turned off from crocheting. I couldn't bare the thought of doing it. I think it's because I forced myself to finish my last project(my own scrap blanket) way too quickly, when I should have just gone at a slower pace.

But, I've been slowly getting back into doing small projects...scarves mainly, and with very simple patterns. I've also been shopping for lots of new and funky yarns, and even ordered a subscription to Crochet! magazine that should be starting shortly!

I'm so ready to get back into it! :clap

I'll be cheering for you. I think we all go through a quiet time...it is a chance to take stock, check the map and then get back into the mix.

Once you create beauty, it is tough to give it up.

Congratulations on getting back to crocheting!

You know, there is no written law that says you can't put you hooks down for a time....don't feel guilty about it. I go through spurts like this too. I think that sometimes it is good to take a step back from things. That way you don't get burnt out and crocheting will still be enjoyable.

Happy hooking!

:clap You know I was like that for a while. I knit too. I just totally quick crocheting for a long while. And, all of a sudden I pick up my new crochet hook and started making Grannie Squares. And fell in love with it again.

I think we all get in a rut and just get tired of doing the same thing.

It happened with my quilting. I put it aside for a while. I need to get back to it though.

I have a quilt half way bastied. and got tired of it. I love to hand quilt; but I got tired of it. Need to get back to it. PINKROSES

You know Smokey, it's funny that you should mention that, because I DID feel guilty about it. I'd get upset because it felt like I was just treating it like it was some sorta fad. Just...taking advantage of it while it was here and then dropping it when I got bored.

I'm way glad that I got over it though!

I was going to say what Afghaniac said! I go for years and years not crocheting, then something, usually a baby, gets me busy again. I start and stop whenever I feel like it and don't feel guilty.

Something just occured to me...

These days, we have these neat forums to come to and just to chat even if we don't want to make anything just now.

(:cheer :cheer :cheergo Crochetville:cheer :cheer :cheer )

I do love the communities that the internet can create in love:yay :yes:c9

(ok, finished playing with the smilies now)

I sometimes won't do any crocheting during the hot summer months, can't stand to have the yarn on me when its so hot, i try to make things with thread, but I'm not really good with that. Thank goodness for sewing and my embroidery machine

I have sort of the opposite problem. I've been a seamstress since I was 13 or so -- but stopped crocheting until about a year ago. Crocheting has become my favorite way to relax. But now I feel like I'm neglecting my sewing machine. Very silly. It's *all* creative :-)

Welcome back to crocheting. It is ok to take a break from it. During the summer months, we are all busy doing other things, but then the leaves start turning and it is time to settle down and do something to release some stress. Crochet is an excellant way. Many of us do take a break, sometimes out of choice, sometimes circumstances, and it is ok. Start back small. And eventually, you will be fully back to the hobby of crochet.

We are all cheering you on!:cheer And we are here to support you along your crochet journey! Good luck!

linda:manyheart

I usually have my "downspurt" in January...after the holiday rushes. But that doesn't last too long. I keep smaller projects for the summer, and thanks to the AnniesAttic website, I now know how to deal with sweaty hands/slick hooks...baby powder! on the hands. It really works! :D So now I don't have to take breaks in summer, unless I want too.

Archived