I think St. Louis Crocheters are all asleep!

pampsmom

I was reading thru the crochet happenings and it dawned on me that nothing ever happens around St. Louis! I saw Chicago listings but nothing around here. Any one know if anything is happening in St. Louis? Where would I go to find any information and who could I put a bug in their ear to organize something there? lol!:lol

:cheer I am a long way from your area but I do have a suggestion.

Go to your Library and ask if you can put up a notice about starting a group, in the Library. You will need to ask if there is a corner you can use, but I am sure they will be pleased to help you.

There is a group of Knitters, meeting in our main Hamilton Library, and I have suggested we start a Knitting & Crochet Group at the Chartwell Library which is 5 minutes walk from my house.

The idea would be to get a group together, who know how to Knit or Crochet, but want company. Gradually introduce learners a couple at a time so the tutor is not swamped by 10 people all asking a different question at the same time.

With an experienced group, there will still be learning happening because there is ALWAYS something to learn, then those people can ALL help the beginners.

If you wait for someone else to organise a group, you may still be waiting this time next year.

Go for it and enjoy yourself.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

• 2 weeks later...

Archived