Pink Crocheted Hook Case

cdngirleh

Last week, I finally completed my first "real" crochet project: a case to hold my hooks and other tools.

From the front, closed:

231401488_dc19a641bb.jpg

And inside, filled with tools:

231401491_cda3894313.jpg

The metal hooks fit nicely in the unworked loops, and the pocket is big enough for scissors, measuring tapes, yarn needles, etc., plus all of my big plastic hooks, too.

I used Red Heart Super Saver for the yarn, and followed this pattern: http://www.sarahanns.com/crochetworks/case.html, added a buttom closure, and substituted a simple white edging for the flower embelishment. It's not pefectly made, but it's very useful, and I learned a lot about reading patterns -- and frogging yarn! :lol -- while working on it. And I think I'm hooked on crochet, now, to boot! (Bad pun not completely intended...)

Your Hook Case is beautiful! You did a great job on it. Now I wish I had one or two or three of them. Really, I'm impressed with your project! :yes:cheer

that is so cute. So beautiful and practical. I love it....now I have to add this one to my WIMs List. I have just printed out the pattern, so I am going to have to do it now!!!!

Hi How cool that case is and I love it ... I love them funky colors hooks you got in it too.. Where did you buy crochet hooks with those lively colors???

Tell me tell me...

I love the funky colours too. The metal hooks are Boyle hooks that I bought at Hobby Lobby, and the big plastic ones are Jo Ann's Essentials from Jo Ann's. Both sets were very reasonably priced, perfect for someone on a budget like me. :yes

Archived