Harmony Guides

jennmwalsh

I'm always looking at these books, anyone have any of the Harmony Guides? Every review I see says they're awesome. Anyone bought one and used it to design stuff with?

I've got the 300 Crochet Stitches (V6). I really like it. It's ideal as a reference for designing stuff yourself. I've made a couple of simple things using it, and it was really easy to just flick through, pick out a couple of things to try and crochet a sample. There's a good variety and selection of patterns for every mood. I will definitely be using it again.

Guest Annette

I have both volumes of the Harmony Guides dedicated to crochet. It's definitely the crochet books I've used most often, and I'll continue to do that. There's a wealth of stitch combinations in there, and you can draw further upon them by varying repeats, changing colours etc. I recommend these guides to anyone who wants to design crochet items. I mean, even a scarf can be exciting if you learn a new stitch while making it!

I checked it out from the local library and made copies. As soon as I get around to it, I'm going to buy it. It's invaluable. Just about every crochet stitch you can think of is in there. The directions are detailed and there are also symbol representations.

If you can find one, I would suggest you get one of the older copies. From what I've heard, the older one is the combination of the 300 Stitches and 220 Stitches ones that you can buy nowadays. I don't know that for sure, but I highly recommend the Harmony Guides in any form.

Archived