flashback from the 80'xs

rsisland

I had been thinking about making a Rubik's cube pillow for a few weeks, then I came across this pattern from Annie's pattern club. It's an ok pattern, but I think the next time I will go back to my original idea. They have you adding a black crocheted chain after you make all the little pieces. I think it would be better to crochet the black in as you go.

th_IM000090.jpg

th_IM000088.jpg

I wish it were a little more square though.

Thats pretty cool. Just a thought on how to make it square... I don't know what you stuffed it with .. but you may want to try to cut out foam. I don't know if it would work any better... but hey, worth a shot.

I thought about stuffing the next with a foam cube (this one has fiberfil), but I wanted it to be squishy. I think when I make the next one and use panels, it might square it up a little...hopefully:think

ah....i remember rubiks cube :) I could only every get three sides done. Knew somebody who could do the whole thing i just a couple of minutes.

Good job!!! and thanks for the walk down memory lane :)

Three sides was the most I could ever do also. I loved playing all those kinds of games. I had the snake, pyramid, orb, chain, clock and a few more that I can't seem to think of right now. I've started collecting them again. They are not always easy to find. I bought my kids the cube and they gave up real fast. I guess if it isn't a video game, they don't want to even put much effort into it....:think Thanks for looking everyone! :manyheart

That is awesome! I had a rubik's cube when I was 14...gave it up after only being able to get two sides :blush My grandfather took it over and solved it :lol Of course, that was eons ago in the earlyish '80's.

What if you tried the foam with a layer of batting over it, similar to what they do with upholstery? That might give the 'squish' you wanted...

What if you tried the foam with a layer of batting over it, similar to what they do with upholstery? That might give the 'squish' you wanted...

Thanks...that's a good idea.

I used to take mine apart with a knife and put all the pieces back together properly!! I know some people who took the stickers off also ;)

Archived