Rare Species

Thornius

Hi! My friend Wrennie told me about this forum. I am that rarity, a MAN :eek that crochets! I taught myself to crochet in 1972, when my wife and I were expecting our first child and wanted a hand-crocheted baby set for her. It turned out to be pretty good for a beginner and I found I loved doing it and for the 34 years since I have made dozens of baby sets and afghans for friends and family, as well as HUNDREDS of hats, many of which I've sold. One was purchased by a man from France, on vacation in the U.S. He told me he would wear it on the streets of Paris, so I have work on display in one of the biggest fashion capitols of the world.:lol In addition to crochet, I knit, cross stitch, weave, braid, embroider, and flintknap, when I'm not busy studying and photographing birds or surfing the iternet.

I am 54 years old and live in Nashville, TN. I have two grown children and two grandsons, with my FIRST granddaughter due in November. I am currently finishing up a baby set for her. I have been married for 34 years to a woman who does NOT crochet, but perhaps someday I can forgive her for that shortcoming.

i am also a newbie to this site and i love it..i am blessed to be able to crochet at work during my down time and boy does it relief stress...i answer 911 and between calls i sit at my station and crochet... i love being able to have time to crochet everyday... keep up the good work.

beth

I LOVE a man who crochets and loves needlecrafts! I wish I could get my hubby to learn! You set a great example...and I hope that more men will learn from you! A warm loving welcome from Michigan!

:clap:jumpyay:woo:dance:flower:welcome:waving:applause:cheer

Archived