• Search engine
    • A book or magazine
    • Another message board/forum
    • Link on another website
    • Link on a blog
    • A friend told me about it
    • Other
    • searching for a pattern

I was looking for beanie instructions and stumbled upon here!! I have to say being here has been great! :day Everyone is so nice and makes you feel very welcome! On top of that everyone is very talented!!! I am very excited to get started :crocheting...there is one problem though :think...I can't seem to stay off the board long enough to start anything!!! :lol...Very addicting!!!:yes Thank you!!! :manyheart

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was searching for anything Crochet in the search engine and came across Crochetville and :yay . I am so glad I found it, now I am totally addicted:D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't remember if I responded to this or not, but I found it via a web search. I've learned that whenever I take on something new, a message board helps me to succeed. I did the same when learning to play my mountain dulcimer, and while I'm not pro, I can hold my own for a self-taught gal~LOL! and now thanks to y'all, same with crochet!!! It's sooo wonderful to have a place to come for support and questions! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

I stumbled upon this forum quite by accident searching for instructions on a particular stitch (don't even remember the stitch cuz i got totally sidetracked looking at all the works of people all over the net) and have been "hooked" ever since. It's been only just over a month ago and I feel like I've been here since the dawn of time...in a good way!

T-

• 3 weeks later...

A Google seach for miscellaneous crochet topics led me to Crochetville.

:cheer

• 1 month later...

I found the group on Ravelry, and from there your profile*the owner here*, and thought ..hmmm... that looks like theres likely a lot more chatting going on then over here. I love my Ravelry fiercely but sometimes its just not the place for a good chat.

I was looking for how to do these amigurumi thingies, and came across a page with a list of free patterns, I clicked on a couple of them randomly and somehow ended up here.

I thought it was a cool web site, so I joined!

:-)

I'm pretty sure it was while doing a search about something crochet related that I too "stumbled" upon this site. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I marked it as other, since newpaper was not included in the book & mag. There was an article in the local newspaper (P&C) about a coastal designer from the Charleston area. I remember her beaming face and nice smile. She is a knitter, and was wearing a lovely light sweater she had made. A lot of pretty colored yarn was in front of her. :drool The article on her (and I don't even remember her name) was interesting and she referred to being a member of this site. I checked it out and was unfamiliar with forums. But I saw the Upsidedown Pineapple Shawl Class by Maria Merlino. I remembered her patterns online and decided to join the ville to take the class. So glad I have. Now I am addicted! Thank you Maria, Amy S, the person who was in the article and Donna!

Archived