• Link on another website
    • Link on a blog
    • A friend told me about it
    • Other
    • searching for a pattern

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed my favorite knitting forum at TKGA and I hadn't been on a crochet forum in a long time so I tried to get back on the CGOA Message Board. Low and behold, you must have a PAID membership in CGOA to participate on their forum. :(

I did a Google search of crochet forums and after seeing a few that weren't so great I came across this one. This place is great. Very comprehensive, it covers everything. It is far superior to the CGOA Message Board as I remember it from several years ago...so they can just keep their membership fees and forget about me!

Y'know it was so long ago that I am not so sure I remember? My best guess was another forum (which is now non-existent) in 2004.

Ditto what Rachel said. It was so long ago that I don't remember. I know I joined back when the 'Ville was still on EZBoard but that's about it. There's no option for "So long ago, I don't remember!"

• 2 weeks later...

It's all Suebee42's fault. I had no idea there was such a place, until she mentioned it on another forum. So, I lurked here for a bit before joining.

Margie <:3( )~~~

I wasn't looking for a crochet forum per se but Google kept listing crochetville in my various searches on crochet-related topics. After a while it became clear you were a great source of crochet knowledge, so I joined to learn more :D

I was looking for a tutorial for the Trinity Stitch in the 63 Square book. I was really having trouble with it, and I found Yarn Tomato:clap

Thanks for the link to the 'Ville :yay

I was looking for very basic patterns, and on numerous sites, Crochetville was mentioned as a favorite place. After seeing this a few times, I figured Crochetville must be pretty special, and came to see for myself.

Real Deal

I was searching on the net for a patten for a crocheted teddy bear. You know how one link leads to another and another and so on and then I stumbled on this one. I joined immediately, and have not regretted one minute I have spent on this board. Although the dust bunnies are growing bigger and bigger :lol

You know, I don't know. It's been so long. One thing is I had been seeing a lot of links on web pages and search engines, but I just didn't want to get involved with a forum, so I ignored coming here for a long time. Boy, I shouldn't have done that. What really drew me here finally was the thread crochet areas because I needed answers to questions and wanted to see finished work because it helps me learn and sometimes figure out patterns I'm working on. I've also got to add that the thread show and tell photographs have really encouraged me to keep crocheting. There are so many talented people here and they are so willing to share. There is a nice homey atmosphere here too.

A member here, ZingyZoid, e-mailed me after she made a shawl from one of my patterns. She had posted pics on here and was kind enough to tell me about it. I joined immediately and have loved it ever since. :hook (I checked "other")

I was a pattern tester on another forum and was interested in starting my own designing. The designer told me about crochetville and I have been here ever since. (almost two years now) I love this place!!!

my best friend knew I'd been doing some plastic bag crochet so she sent me a link she'd found to RecycleCindy's blog, which led me here

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to finish my Moon Beams baby blanket on the plane on my way to South Korea when I realized that I'd lost my only crochet hook. When I went to my daughter's house in Deajeon, we went around town unable to find a large crochet hook anywhere in town. So tried going on line and I was thrilled to find this website. Ultimately I had to have my son, in Washington, send me a hook, via overnight mail. It made it, giving me just enough time to make it big enough for my new grandson. Then my daughter brought it with her so I could make it big enough for her. You can see it on my blog.

Enjoy the creative process,

Mushroom

Archived