• Search engine
    • A book or magazine
    • Another message board/forum
    • Link on another website
    • Link on a blog
    • A friend told me about it
    • Other
    • searching for a pattern

Now that I've figured out how to post polls, I thought it would be interesting to see how everybody discovered the 'Ville. If you think I've left out any options that should be included, let me know. I think I can edit my poll and add them back in. I'll also try to set things up so you can change your vote if I am able to add options after the fact. :)

If your answer fits in the other category, please feel free to add a post and let me know what that other category is. If I see a trend forming, I'll add a new category to the poll options.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep, I am having a seniors moment. those oestregens...

um through CPC looking for a pattern for a spiral scarf.

The poll should be at the top of the thread, before my first post. I wonder if the forum software posts the actual post while I'm composing the poll? Anyway, the poll is showing for me now.

Cupcake, so go click on a poll answer already! :lol:hug

I guess the best fit for you would be "link on another website." Right?

Ok so now I am 50% of the sample :lol :lol :lol

the link was to the pattern, not specfically crochetville if that makes sence. It was a mighty fine pattern too!

Umm, I was reading a funny knitting blog about the knitting olympics and it occurred to me that there might be a crochet olympics. Googled on same, saw crochetville.org showing up in many of the search results, and here I am. Too late to join in the olympics, though. Don't remember how I got onto that knitting blog, I don't knit! (yet)

So, that's sorta "search engine", huh?

I was doing some random surfing and happened upon dear Ms. Tomato's blog. She had the 63 Square Afghan thingie going... which led me to find Crochetville. :manyheart

I have long since given up on making the 63 Squares. I think that's something you've got to REALLY want to do. ;) I just didn't have it in me, I guess.

i found it through a search engine while pattern surfing. it came up a few times over a year or so, so i finally decided to stick around and look about and then to join. i'm so happy i did!!

I had to seriously think about this for a minute...I think I found this site through a search engine...when this place was still on ezboard.

:blush It's all "Cats in my Craft Baskets" fault.... Ms. Yarn-aholic herself! I found the Ville through her blog as I searched the internet for easy crochet patterns to get back into the craft I so love. Oh and I need to mention...she got me into blogging too... oh dear... so much trouble :devil dear me.... ... IT'S BEEN A BLAST!!!! :clap

Well, Andi, I'd offer you my sincerest apologies for dragging you head-first into the world of crochet.....except.....I'm not sorry one little bit!!! :no:no:no Nope, not even a teensy, tiny bit. :devil

Now you have to pay it forward and drag somebody else in here! :lol

I'm pretty sure it was through a search engine that lead me to CPC then Crochetville while it was on ezboard, but I joined when it change homes.Like somebody here said "the rest is history".:hook

For those of you who replied "search engine," what search terms were you using? Do you remember how far down the return list Crochetville was?

Using google and just typing in "crochet," Crochetville didn't show up until page 14 where the CALs were discussed. (At least that's where my bad eyesight honed in.) That was after I passed the for What Not to Crochet :lol .

I was searching for a pattern and somehow ended up here. I do not recall what I was looking for. But I was not looking for a forum at the time. I actually didn't know any existed. Then, one of the biggest surprises and biggest thrills was there were other crochet lovers out there and Thousands of them came here! :cheer My husband tells the story of how I ran downstairs and said, "Honey, there's other people like me!" He thinks it's funny, teases me all the time.

Anyhoo, maybe you should add a poll choice for "searching for a pattern".

Archived