A Disc Golf Bag!

tinkerpuppet

My husband and I play disc golf (hubby even designed a course in a field on the farm where we live). He has a great bag that he carries our discs in, but asked me to make him one. So using this pattern (which is actually a diaper bag pattern), he chose the colours and I made him one! I used Red Heart SS, and obviously didn't felt it, but it feels good and strong and will wash well when we put our dirty discs into it! http://http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/50961.html

DSCN0036.jpg

I had a hard time finding a proper 'ring' to do the strap with, and just about sewed it on, but at the last minute came across an old belt hubby doesn't use anymore, so recycled that one...

DSCN0037.jpg

I'm not really happy with the way the strap stretches, I might try finding some similar coloured cording or something and remaking the strap. But hubby says he loves it!

DSCN0038.jpg

That's a nice bag, looks sturdy too. And great idea with the belt. I had to find a way to tie a set of backpack straps the other day, and that wasn't easy. So when I threw out an old bag today, I also kept the various buckles for the next time. :tup

Btw, you can tighten up the strap by sewing some simple cotton ribbon on the back of it, you can buy kinds that are ready to sew on, you just have to fold in the ends. I've done it several times, works like a charm!

What a great bag! My Bil's and husband would love it. Disc golf is a big thing for them!

Linda:manyheart

Thanks everyone! Those are great tips for the strap. Hubby insists that its great, so I'll wait and see how it holds up before I start redoing things.

Linda its great to see others who enjoy Disc Golf! Hubby introduced it to me about 5yrs ago (when we were dating), and its one of the few sports that I actually enjoy. And now that his bag turned out well, I'm thinking of some colours to maybe make one for myself!

• 1 year later...

Archived