Help. How do I? Pinkroses

I found some sweaters I want to make only they are not in my size. How would one go about enlarging the bust size.? I am an expreince crocheter and knitter.

Whenever a pattern isn't in my size, I take out something from my wardrobe that has a similar shape and that fits me, spread it out flat, and increase/decrease to make whatever I'm crocheting the right size. That also works if I want to use different yarn or hook size, you just keep an eye on your 'yard-stick' object and make sure what you're doing is the same size.

To enlargen the bust I imagine you'd only have to make more increases above the waist, but it would depend on the complexity of the pattern, of course. If it's a simple stitch pattern (just sc's or dc's) increasing to fit your size should be pretty simple. :)

Thanks Cuddlefish. I will try it . I look in the crochet today's new magazine that someone here was talking about. It is a plain single crochet I think.

I hope it will work. It is a pretty sweater. PINKROSES

You may want to use some short row techniques over the bust area.

Getting extra material over a fuller bust can leave you with gaping armholes and that isn't a look anyone wants after hard work.

Thanks yall for the advice. I may have to enlarge the arm a bit too. It is a plain crochet sweater. Or better yet I might just come across one in my size :lol

Why is it that I find one I really like and it isn't in my size .? Very frustrating. PINKROSES

Archived