Spiderweb Skirt - downsized

crochet smartcat

Here is a skirt I made for my youngest daughter (5 yrs old). It is from the pattern for the Spiderweb Skirt by Josi Hannon. Since her pattern isn't for children, I used the largest misses' size (which equaled a 21" waist), eliminated the shaping, and used LB Microspun (which is approximately a DK weight) and an F hook.

th_0825002.jpg th_0825003.jpg

that is adorable. The color is so nice with her red hair. And she looks like she is just in heaven since mom made her a surprise that can't be shared with anyone. :D

I do have one ? though will you have to line it for her to be able to wear it without anything under it or is it not see through? I know an 11 yo who may like this pattern cause she likes skirts and get mad that I never make her anything. I did once make a dress for her but she didn't like it said that it wasn't middle school material. Dang children why do they have to be so picky I mean really.......lol. She has said to me several times though that she would like something made for her by me just not that baby looking stuff or stuff that looks homemade. I though about a thread shrug since lots of kids are wearing those now. Thanks, Nikki

I do have one ? though will you have to line it for her to be able to wear it without anything under it or is it not see through?

Nikki, I know that, when my daughter wears her Spiderweb skirt (and she's going to be 16 next month), she usually wears something under it. It's not especially see-through at the top but she prefers to wear something with it. And, actually, she's worn it over jeans. LOL And, once she wore it under a denim skirt, with all the frilly hanging out from the bottom. Very cute.

I do have one ? though will you have to line it for her to be able to wear it without anything under it or is it not see through?

Because of her age and activity level, we plan for her to wear capris or leggings under it. If she were older, I would line it or find a lightweight skirt to wear under it.

Archived